WOW do I need help....

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by kckid12, Jul 14, 2008.

1. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

please can someone help...I have no idea what ssh is? means? or does to benefit the itouch? can someone just explain what this is? or post a sticky/link so i can read about this?
    thanks alot
  2. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't remember what it stands for, but it can benefit the touch.

Basically (from my experiences) SSH'ing into your iPoT allows you to mess around with just about anything. You can install games, themes, icons, and apps even. But, you can only do it on a jailbroken iPod. That's about my experience right there XD
  3. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just search next time...

SSH is a program/system/method that allows transfering files to/from the iPod (and getting a "shell", not important for u probably) over Wifi. Search for WinSCP/Cyberduck tuts.
  4. kckid12

kckid12 New Member

okay well that sounds good. So I need to install winSCP onto comp then where do i go from there? DO I need to add sources there or is it pretty self explanitory from there? Is WinSCP a loader app basically from computer?

Example: (does this sound right, or am I getting the wrong message here)
    Download WinSCP (maybe google it) then connect ipod touch to comp. ,open winSCP connect phone, then somewhere in winSCP i will be able to click what i want on phone(or will i have to download files from another source?) or will i need to open files etc....? I just have no idea what or where to begin....thanks alot I will keep reading on here
  5. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

it just allows you to transfer files from your comp to your ipod over wi-fi and another program open ssh who cares what it stands for its magic!
    BTW the best method for me is something called winscp