WOW...categories is [not to my fancy]...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by tonyhong, Mar 3, 2008.

1. tonyhong

tonyhong New Member

I downloaded categories today and I categorized all my apps. But...after a couple of minutes, it started to have problems....
    for example...once my screen was completely disabled..meaning even if i touched something nothing happened. This isnt because it was loading or frozen. Then i would have to go back to the home screen.

another example...the spinning of death appeared out of nowhere....and i had to restore it...

is there something i did not do correctly? or is categories just [edited] with many glitches/errors/flaws?

please help me to get my categories working again!! BY THE WAY, i got 1.1.3 jb ipod i used the ziphone method
  2. DaveCS2

DaveCS2 New Member

confirmed problem

I would also like to know what to do.

Can I uninstall categories with SSH or do I have to restore (which I really don't want to do b/c I have 15gb of media on it)?
    Or is it a problem with a certain file becoming corrupt (a categories file)? I think I remember something about using POOF and Categories together and something about a corrupt file.

I use 1.1.4 ziPhone jb.
  3. DaveCS2

DaveCS2 New Member

Okay, I've temporarily fixed this.

SSH into your iPod and delet both the POOF and CATEGORIES app forlers.
    Restart your iPod.
    This fixes the touch screen not working.

Categories will still be installed in your installer and you will still have all your previous categories.

Anyone have any info on this? Is this a known issue with the newer firmware? Categories was working for me ever since I've had it until I installed POOF. Poof worked for awhile but once I made a category in categories the the problem occured.