iOS 4.0 Wow Apple..

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xXrkidXx, Jun 1, 2010.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What is Apple thinking? The wallpaper on there Springboard is COMPLETE crap. It lags insanely. I know what your probably going to say, "They disabled it on the iPhone 3G for a reason.." Well no, saurik made it work WAY better. The only thing is, Winterboard hasn't been updated to 4.0 compatablity yet so I life without Springboard wallpapers for awhile.. Which isn't to bad but I mean come on, You think they could have made it work better in there OWN native OS.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    If they disabled it, they have no need to support it.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Any lag you experience is not likely from the wallpaper itself, but rather the fact that it is a BETA release.
  4. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You hit it right on the head when you said well they disabled it for a reason. Saurik made it work using Mobile Substrate, which is like a background OS anyway.
  5. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

Likely as said, cause of Beta. But I bet it will perform perfect (And was coded for) the next iPhone/iPod Touch
  6. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Not necessarily. I cant speak about the iPhone 3G. But the ipt2g, it's probably the most stable OS I've used since 2.2.1. Beta 4 is close to the GM build anyway.
  7. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

I wasn't referring to the whole OS 4.0. Just the wallpaper support.
  8. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Beta release, not perfect
  9. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes but honestly. If my 3G can multitask, it should be able to handle wallpaper fine. And who cares if it's a beta? I agree with TechDudeGeorge, It's the most stable I have seen since 2.x.

I don't think it's because it's a beta. It wouldn't matter, If Apple had plans to support it it was be fast and snappy. But it runs flawless on the 3G right now so I guess it doesn't matter whether it's a beta or not, the flaws have been worked out for the most part.
  10. consume1

consume1 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually, the reason wallpapers are for the 3gs and above is because apple for some reason decided to add an individual shadow file underneath each icon on the springboard/generated icon. And that's not where the shadow goodness ends. They have a shadow gradiet at the top and bottom (dock area) of the wallpaper.And underneath that, there's the multitasking wallpaper (the effect you get when you open a folder). So add all that up and you'll understand why your 3g iphone is so slow with wallpapers enabled. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's a beta.

The way apple implemented wallpapers is kind of strange but it does look nice (on devices fast enough)