Wouldn't a Mobile Broadband be awesome?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by sfgiantswings09, Jan 16, 2008.

1. sfgiantswings09

sfgiantswings09 New Member

How cool would it be if someone could come up with a mobile broadband for the ipod touch. Internet anywhere, voip anywhere....
    wonder if its even possible?
  2. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well theoretically it is possible, but would be quite difficult and would be pretty costly.
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You could call it...
    The iPhone!

Yes! YES! THAT'S IT! IT'S BRILLIANT!

Man, I swear, I am going to have to start hurting people if they don't start using their brains before they post every random thought that pops into their heads.

Edit... here, just to be less of a smartass... I use WMWifiRouter to turn my windows mobile phone into a wifi router, bridging the EVDO data network onto the wifi network, then connect my ipod touch via wifi to use my EVDO wireless broadband. In other words, I use my cellphone wireless broadband when I don't have access to open wifi. Or indeed, I use it like the Edge network part of the iPhone.

Sigh.
  4. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well does the iphone have BROADBAND everywhere? NOOOOOOO so why don't you just shutup. Iphone has edge in most places but he's talking about wireless broadband. I was about to post a thread about this. I think that since the SDK and apps in a few months some companies might consider it. It probably could be done. I would buy it and pay around £15 thats $30 a month.
  5. tdavie

tdavie New Member

Something like a Wimax adapter that would plug in to the bottom of the Touch.

Tom
  6. caldjmatt

caldjmatt New Member

Sounds Like a Threat to me....

Yo - No One need to go to Violence...... If you cant handle the fact that people ARENT AS SMART AS YOU ARE - then dont help us out - its a simple as that - Dont login and read these " random Posts " - THATS WHY THIS FORUM IS HERE MAN! Your whats Wrong with the World! Take a Chill pill - Smoke a Bowl - Relax man!
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

why is everyone rebutting against a post that was months ago. yes, he may have gone over the line a bit, but take it as a hyperbole. it is an internet site so let it go.

and yes if you want internet anywhere, get an iphone with a data network, mobile broadband for the touch isn't coming anytime soon...
  8. Krabbs

Krabbs New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Get a 3g phone with wifi (like nokias N95), get Joiku to turn it into a hotspot... And... move to europe where theres 3g coverage.
    If your phone doesnt have wifi, you can use bluetooth between phone and laptop, and share the internet conection from the laptop to the ipod touch using an ad-hoc network (works great btw - beats paying 10$ at the airport for a bit of wifi).
    Still - alot of places you won't get 4-5 mbps, but at least alot better than edge.
  9. kazsak

kazsak New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a personal hot spot. It is portable mobile broadband router and I use the Sprint USB broadband card. The personal hot spot or personal wifi enable my iphone, itouch, 3 laptops (have 3 kids) to use it all at the same time. It is made by cradlepoint and it is portable with battery life about 90 minutes. It came out in december and was the first portable unit.
  10. padsquad43

padsquad43 New Member

i think AT&T should sell little dongle to enable EDGE or w/e on the touch and then offer a plan.

knowing AT&T, it'd be rather expensive....

ok lets leave this up to T-Mobile:]