Would you rather have an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by optikalefx, Nov 21, 2007.

1. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    When the iPhone first came out, thats what i wanted, hands down. And one day i found out iPod Touch! But it wasnt exactly the iphone without the phone. Camera etc... You can list the differences. So I was just wondering, If the carrier didnt matter, Would you or would you have gotten an iPhone instead of the touch?

I have verizon so im stuck with wannabes like the voyager and venus, but if the carrier didnt matter, id buy an iPhone in a heartbeat.
  2. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No way, I love my ipod touch! the iPhone is way too bulky for a phone, and its roughly twice the thickness of the touch, and maxes out at half the storage capacity, if you want a camera, then get a good camera, and if you want a phone, get a good phone! Thats what i figure, anyway.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think this topic came around a few weeks ago. While I like the iPhone it doesn't cut it in the business world. Lack of good integration with MS Exchange email is a deal breaker for me.

The second issue is only 8G of memory. Now if they could get Active Sync going on the iPhone and 16G of memory I'd be all over it.

As it is I like my Windows Mobile Smartphone and my Touch. Best of both worlds.
  4. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    interesting about the ms email, i havent read anywhere that you cant get any email working on the touch/iphone. it can do pop3 and imap, so it should be able to handle it well.

Yea the camera thing is a good point, my current phone has a 3.2mp camera, which kicks over the iphone 2mp.

Now if the iphone packed a 3 or 4 megapixel camera, then were talking all in 1 device.

As for business device, Chris pirillo had a great way of saying it. He was fine with his windows mobile device, but after using the iphone for a while, he never knew how good it could be, how he will never go back to pocket pc.
  5. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

u can always unlock it
  6. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

I think I just wish my ipod touch would have a camera in it.

and maybe an external speaker too

those two things would make it a perfect device
  7. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Hmm... no way... like simonrichards150 pointed, I don't like the bulkyness and weight of the iPhone... I love my iTouch xD
  8. ben471

ben471 New Member

Totally agree, those two things would make the touch amazing as if it isn't already. Maybe in a year or two when the carrier doesn't matter, better camera, and more storage comes to the iPhone I would get one. But I'm happy now.
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I like the iPhone, just the price is ridiculously high.
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I already have a cellphone, I don't see the need to loose 8gb in order to merge the two devices together.

While it would be nice to have the camera and external speakers, they aren't deal makers or breakers.