would this type of customization be possible?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by crovian, Feb 25, 2009.

1. crovian

crovian Active Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Hi, I have a question about customizing that I am curious about

First of all, I have a lock screen theme on my ipod that does not carry the usual top and bottom grey background on normal lockscreen (and by grey background I mean the grey bar that displays time and song info on lockscreen)

I like this theme cuz I have a dark lockscreen wallpaper but I find it that when I'm listening to music with a bright colour cover art, it gets hard for me to see the time and the track through lockscreen cuz the clock's white also, and without the grey bar, it's like white on really bright colour, which is almost impossible to see properly

So I was wondering if it was possible to display the top grey lockscreen bar only when music is playing and not when the music is not playing

2. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Well if you can ssh into your iPod Touch, just go to
    private\var/stash\Themes.XXXXX\Theme Name
    (NOTICE the six X's are really suppose to be some random characters, it is different on all devices, and by theme name I mean the theme that you applied.

Now that you are in that theme go to Theme Name\Folders\SpringBoard.app\SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png
    Delete that file.

If you don't have that folder then go to Theme Name\Bundles\com.apple.springboard\SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png
    Delete that file

And one more thing go to Theme Name\UIImages\UILCDBackground.png
    Delete that file.
    You should be done as long as you follow those instructions.