Would they give me a replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigster9, Jul 20, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I got a launch 3GS and have been having the following issues: wifi signal is unstable (common 3.0 thing), rattling in the camera are (people say it's just how the new camera is), and there is a low constant buzzing from my ear piece speaker. Do you think they will say "these are just minor problems or problems that don't effect the device or just that's just how they are or some crap and not give me a replacement?

Update
    So i went to the mall where my genius bar appointment is and the mall didnt look that full. I went into the Apple store and it was packed. I looked for the Apple employee in the orange shirt to check in and was told to wait until they called my name. I looked at the Apple Macbook Pros and they are nice! I did a field test on one of their iPhones and noticed that mine was about a -30 db difference. So its my turn and i tell the Apple Genius that my iPhone is having wifi problems, a buzzing sound and he stops me to show him the buzzing sound. He cant hear the sound (probably because of the billion people in the store) and i told him its noticable when its silent/not loud. he takes it in the back to check it out and so i wait. After awhile the Apple genius comes outta the back and is holding my iPhone and a new one. He tells me that hes going the exchange it. He does some stuff and i sign a paper and im pretty much done. I ask him if its new and he tells me that there all brand new. He then puts my iPhone in as small white box and i left. They have good customer service, one of the perks of owning and Apple product. On another note, there were a lot of clueless customers that wanted to buy Macbooks, etc. One of the Apple geniuses was telling a customer that all of the Macbook Pros have a better GPU than the Macbooks (which is false). The customer ended up buying the higher priced Macbook.

Quick Question
    For those of you who did iPhone returns did they just replace the iPhone or give you a whole new package?
  2. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You could always try..
  3. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    The worst they can say is no
  4. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    The rattling is from the power button. Touch it so it's firm in place and shake it. You'll find there is now no rattle. I also have a release-day model and I get the crappy Wifi problems too - But my friends on their 1st Gen iPhone ALSO have the problem. So it is a 3.0 issue I think.

And that low buzzing is a problem for many people. See here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9689362#9689362

If Apple are gonna do anything about it, they'll do a product recall. But I don't think they will. It just goes to show that us early adopters sometimes get ripped off (my Macbook I bought on the week of release is now the lowest model "MacBook Pro" and is CHEAPER than when I bought it as a MacBook... And has an SD Card slot which I had to compensate for by buying a £20 reader..)

Win some, lose some.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^ it seems to me like you won nothing and lost everything with those two Apple products. Lol.

That's what I hate about getting stuff right away. If I get a 3G touch, it's going to be at least December. They better have the kinks worked out by then.
  6. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    if you are in the UK and you have had the iphone for more than 28 days, the only option is to send the iphone for repair which takes 2 weeks :/
  7. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The rattling noise is from camera. The power button is firm and secure. I hate getting products early on because of the issues. I thought that Apple (or Foxconn, the iPhone manufacturers in China) would have gotten their sh** straight being the 3rd gen. I have a feeling that OS 3.1 will fix somethings but add a bit more bugs, it's a big update after a major update. They added slot of stuff in 3.0 an have to fix a load of things for 3.1 release.
  8. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    the rattling noise in the camera happens in every autofocus camera, because there is a loose part which moves around to change the focus.
  9. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You sure on that?
  10. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He's right about the auto focus thing. So what do you guys think my chances are? 1-10 with 10 being a 100% yes.