Would the iPhone earphone/mic work with Fring?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Ex-Touch, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I just saw a video on using the 2G iPod touch to call people for free using Fring, and I was wondering if the iPhone mic would work for people who have a 1G Touch.
  2. lokijuu105

lokijuu105 New Member

from what I have heard no I think its because the 1st gen ipod touch doesnt support audio line-in. If ur talking bout the touchmods mic then i don't know
  3. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The reason the iPhone mic works with the 2G iPod touch is that its audio jack also supports line-in audio. However, the 1G iPod touch only supports line-out (for listening to music), so the iPhone mic wouldn't do anything (although it likely would try).
  4. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

yeah, it doesnt work for the ipod touch 1g, only the 2g, from what i have heard the simplest way to explain it is that your headphones have two little strips going around the metal where the plug enters the ipod, but headphones with the mic have three strips (sorry for the lack of technical terms), but yeah it has to do with that
  5. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

I know what you mean. Alright.
  6. rauli7

rauli7 New Member

I thought the 1g ipod touch support audio line-in? Didn't someone find that out looooong time ago? Or was that something else...?