would someone please simply lay it all out

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by CinciSS07, Apr 1, 2008.

1. CinciSS07

CinciSS07 New Member

ok so I'm getting frustrated trying to figure out the best way to jb my 32 gb touch. First, ziphone or iliberty+? Second, how can I do it wolithout running in to any problems? The people on another forum didn't help at all so hopefully you guys can pull through for me. Thanks in advance foranyone that can help me.
  2. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
  3. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I would definitely choose Ziphone 2.6b!
    It's amazingly fast, and does its job pretty good, and NO KEYBOARD FREEZING problems..Nothing, of course every ipod is somewhat different, but I've JB my ipod with that and I have no problems, but just JB if you want 1.1.3/4
  4. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    He might want some explanation...
    I get fustrated with these kids..trying to get high rep..not only was the post, now the rep???? you just said.. blah blah blah REP ME!
    It's his choice
    btw, 3.0 might have some problems
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I can give you a copy of an IM chat I just walked someone through the entire process if you like.
  6. vargus

vargus New Member

I dont mean to be an ass here but you should send a lot of time reading the threads here there is a lot of useful stuff posted on this. I've joined this forum like 2 weeks ago and just spent that time reading threads that pop up and i have learned a lot. i dont think theres any fool proof plan of way to jailbreak and not run into any problems. if ziphone doesnt work out all that well, restore and use iliberty. i plan on using iliberty when i jailbreak. heres a link i found in another thread http://ipodtouchmaster.com/1.1.4_flash.html watch that and read up.
  7. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

It is so simple:

1. Download one of these 3 programs:
    -iLiberty
    -iJailbreak
    -Ziphone

I prefer iLiberty by far...

2. Restore your Touch in iTunes to a clean 1.1.4 with a new name for your iPoT.

3. Launch iLib or JB of your choice.

4.If you use iLib, iTunes will close, relaunch it and keep it open. With the other 2 JBs, I'd close iTunes, though it may not matter.

5. Run the Jailbreak, iLib and the new Z give you options for payloads. I think Z automatically loads BSD (more on that in a sec) which is one of many reasons why I don't use it. Honestly, on your first JB ever, I wouldn't worry about it. Just get through the process. As you learn more, you can fiddle with all of that if the need to restore arises.

6. Alright, your Jailbroken! If you happen to get the dreaded BSD root error ( repeated code scrolling endlessly on your screen), unplug your Touch, hold home and power so it turns off, let go of power. Still holding the home button, with iTunes open, plug in the usb cable and keep holding home until iTiunes detects an ipod in restore mode.

7. Time now to install a few essentials and its time to play! You should add through Installer, either BSD subsystems or Cydia. I prefer the latter, but you must first add a source in Installer- apptapp.saurik.com and refresh your sources. Cydia takes awhile to load. BSD/Cydia is necessary for other apps to work. You should also add OpenSSH.

8. Search around the forum and see what others have to say. For every unhelpful a-hole that just yells "SEARCH!!" and offers no help, there is someone who is happy to help.

9. HAVE FUN!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

P.S. Begging for Rep is pathetic....

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you need more help, PM me.
  8. CinciSS07

CinciSS07 New Member

wow mikesgroove that was exactly what I was looking for. I've been looking on a few forums about jb'ing and everytime I think I find an answer I find something to contradict it. I'm new to all this so your explanation was perfect thank you very much, I'll be sure to try it when I get home tonight.
  9. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

1 person likes this.
  10. iStartTheMachine

iStartTheMachine New Member

use ZiPhone. It took about 35 seconds to jailbreak my ipod touch and it was just a real quick and easy process