Would it be possible

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DJ24966, Apr 6, 2010.

1. DJ24966

DJ24966 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    For someone to convert lets say an iPad only app and make it work with the iPod Touch or iPhone?
  2. The Burrito

The Burrito New Member

Probably. Might take a bit, but I REALLY doubt there will ever be any iPad only apps. Or, any of them that will be even worth downloading. Whats the point of making it iPad only, as many more people will have iPods/iPhones?

Got Off Topic, but yes its possible. I'm not really a dev, but I can't see why it couldn't be done. I'm sure somebody else (Smart persons) will have a definite answer.
  3. DJ24966

DJ24966 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That's what I figured. I'd be willing to pay for an ABC or Hulu app if one is made. I'll probably get an iPad in the future, but don't have the extra $ at the moment.
  4. la38

la38 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think i'll be getting an iPad. Seems a bit pointless to me. But anyways, there actually are gonna be iPad exclusive apps. Tap Tap Radiation is.
  5. macdude2

macdude2 Member

There is actually many. Just look at the top apps on the ipad app store. There are many that are not on the iphone one.
  6. Our_Mountain_of_Ideas

Our_Mountain_of_Ideas New Member

Device:
    iPad
    It depends on the app, and the iPad features that it uses.

For example, a lot of my iPad apps make use of popovers - which aren't possible on the iPhone/iPod Touch. When I can, I make an iPhone/iPod Touch version as well.

Because it's the same OS, it's always possible. It just comes down to however many features or UI elements a developer is willing to sacrifice for an iPhone/iPod Touch version.
  7. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm thinking not possible:

1. iPad is much more powerful than iPhone/iPod touch. Most apps will probably lag like hell on those devices.

2. iPad apps are designed for the larger screen. For the same reason that iPhone apps look blurred when blown up on the iPad, scaling them down would just look like crap, and probably would be unusable too.