Would it be possible to use your iPod Touch like a WiiMote

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by emgram769, Mar 25, 2008.

1. emgram769

emgram769 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know it would definitely be hard, but perhaps an iPod Touch's accelerometer could be used to control a mouse similar to that of Touchpad Pro, which is VNC based.

The iPod Touch could be pointed at marked spots on a big computer screen- which would have to be relatively large for any sort of accuracy (I was thinking flat screen TVs hooked up a computer)- and then the accelerometer would be logged with these points, which could be used to calibrate the iPod. With this information, the movement of the accelerometer would then move the mouse.

Tons of calibration would be required (distance and screen size must be entered) and a client for the computer would have to be created, or paired up with VNC. Even though this seems difficult, I feel this would not only be an interesting feature, but could be developed further and utilized in games.
  2. Lyrad

Lyrad New Member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but is that what you are talking about?
  3. emgram769

emgram769 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am talking about basing it on that, but instead using the accelerometer to control the mouse and not the touchscreen.
  4. Bernstein229

Bernstein229 New Member

Actually, it wouldn't work with iPod Touch's because the Wii Remote works with bluetooth. It might work with iPhone's though.
  5. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Lol I was going to post a thread like this but for the iPhone since it has bluetooth.
  6. higbvuyb

higbvuyb New Member

He means something that works like a Wiimote, but controls your computer's mouse. Thus, it does not need bluetooth.
  7. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well it could be possible I suppose.
    A Wiimote is just a infrared camera recieving infrared signals from the tension bar thing.
    The only problem would be getting the infrared camera in the iPod.. ;s
  8. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    He says nothing about a camera, infared or bluetooth. He means the accelrometer could be logged and the mouse moves in correspondence.
  9. 1234567890123456789012345

1234567890123456789012345 New Member

I must have missread the thread when it said "Would it be possible to use you iPod Touch like a Wiimote," but the whole pointer-mouse sort of thing would be an awsome idea. At least, I would use it alot.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. carsonauto

carsonauto New Member

Well technically, there is no Infra-Red, so actual wii-mote like functionality is bunk.

Though if someone is able to log the accelerometer and use it that would be ridiculously intense, but nay-on impossible.