Would it be possible for apple to still distribute a "apple phone" to sprint/verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sprint_user, Nov 1, 2008.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    okay, I don't know much about this 5 year contract thing with AT&T and apple. What I've put together about it is that apple can't dispribute the iphone to any phone company other than AT&T for 5 years. That is they just came out with a new line of phones[/phones], they would have to be called the iPhone, they could tweak the name and call it the iPhone slide or the iPhone qwerty ( if they made it have a full slide out qwerty keyboard). They could still develope the original iPhone for AT&T, but they could hve is verizon/sprint users (look at my user name) an apple phone too. They could even call it the iPod Phone. So what do you guys think?
  2. msudude1885@aim.com

msudude1885@aim.com New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think that is rediculous and AT&T would be all over apple. It would never happen. If there was an iphone slide it would be on AT&T
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Probably won't happen, Apple is making money from just having the iPhone's only on AT&T.
  4. godogshomie

godogshomie New Member

part of the 5 year contract is that every iPhone device will be sold through AT&T officially.
  5. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    does that specify every apple device?
  6. Teddyx

Teddyx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    It couldn't be apple device..that just wouldn't work..that would include everything.. but im sure theres some sort of agreement in place that they aren't allowed to release the next iphone to any other carrier aswell, seeing as 5 years is a long ass time and there will definatly be a new iphone by then...i can see that part being forseen by AT&T theyd have to be stupid to leave that out..
  7. godogshomie

godogshomie New Member

exactly
  8. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    huh??
  9. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Yeah, I wonder why they can't keep the AT&T contract and on the side make other contracts. Hmmm.
  10. Parker618

Parker618 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    im kinda ok with the iphone being on att because on virizon or sprint it would become a cheap phone that everyone would have, but on att it just feels more legit

does that make sense?