Would it be ok to use a Ipod touch 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Johnn691, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Johnn691

Johnn691 Guest

Screen protector on the Ipod touch 4th gen?? I know it doesn't have the camera
    cut out. I am just wondering if the film going over front facing camera, would hurt
    it in any way??

Thanks.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    iPod Touch 4G is a little thinner than the 2G/3G. So no. Sorry, you need a new one.
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Well I am talking about a screen protector, so that would really not be affected
    by the thinness of the device. I am just worried if covering the camera with the
    screen protector would hurt it. This is just until I can get one that is made for it.
  4. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea I was just going to say, it being thinner has nothing to do with the screen protector. Im not 100 percent sure, but I think it will fit perfectly, except (like you said) the cutouts for the camera/mic.
  5. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Because the iPod itself is thinner, the screen protector might hang off the edges. If it's clear, it shouldn't bother the camera, unless you have one of the well made military grade ones (they have a wavy look to them when looked at an angle, that may mess with the camera a little).
  6. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Um, I thought the 4G was only thinner if you look at it from the side. I don't believe the width of the screen is any thinner? That would mean the screen would be smaller on the new gen, which it isnt? Maybe I'm wrong?
  7. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    The iPod 2G is definitely wider than the 4G. See for yourself. But I don't know about the glass front size comparison... I also think (don't quote me on this) that the iPod 4G is also taller than the 2G. But compare them yourself and see.
  8. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well yea, that's what I am trying to say. The glass screen dimensions are the same, so the screen protector would work from an older gen.
  9. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Are they? I really would check this one... Get out a ruler... LOL... I don't have a 2G, but my 4G measures about 4+1/4" (10.8cm) x 2+3/16" (5.6cm). Compare those measurements to the 2G/3G iPod.

If they match up, then yes, otherwise, no.
  10. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea I only have a 4G, so I'm unable to check, hah... but now I wanna know, hmm.. someone help us out!