Worth upgrading to the iPod Touch 3G 32 GB right now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bamhm182, Jun 5, 2010.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So, right now I have an 8GB 2nd generation iPod Touch, and honestly, it's enough space for me, but I've always been itching for more. As is the case with the space, the specs aren't a HUGE deal to me either, the 2nd gen plays most the games I want to play without a problem.

The main reason I'm thinking about upgrading is because my mom's been complaining about the lack of games on her blackberry. (I can agree with her, the blackberry is SH** as far as games go) I had a look around craigslist, and someone is selling a 32 GB iPod Touch 3G for $200. They said it has "a very small dent in the back and light scratches on the back in front". Does this sound worth it to you? Would you try and wait until the next generation iPod Touch comes out in September(presumably) before upgrading?

If I were to buy this, I'd probably end up selling her my current 8GB 2nd gen, which works fine, and just has a few non-obtrusive scratches on the front for around $100 and keeping the 32 gb for myself.
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. I'd say if you don't care about a possible update in september and you trust the sale, go for it
  3. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    For $100? Yeah upgrade. September is a long ways away. When September comes why not wait a year for the 5th gen. Or another year for the 6th gen? See where I'm going with this?
  4. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Absolutely worth it.

With a 32GB model, youll have Voice Control and a ?built-in microphone?.
  5. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure the 32 GB 3G doesn't have a built in microphone, not 100% sure though, would be sweet if it did.

I'm not too worried about the September update bringing anything TOO crucial... Watch it come out with a camera, FM radio, and 128 gb or something crazy. Bah, if it does, I'll likely have a job by than and could sell this one, or I could just pass it off and pretend it never happened until I decide that I "need" a 4G.

Please Register or Log in to view images

There goes the last of my grad money. Oh well, at least I got to pretend I was rich for a minute, haha.
  6. RogueDog

RogueDog New Member

7. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ah, that's a good point, but it doesn't really matter to me, I just bought it, haven't done ANYTHING on it yet, but looked through it and am VERY impressed. The main thing that sold me is a toggle for mono audio, I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but a lot of my favorite bands(namely the beatles) have a lot of songs that need stereo to fully enjoy, and most the time I'm only able to have 1 earbud in, so no longer will I only be hearing 1/2 of my songs. ^_^

It's also 32 GB, major plus there. The dint on the back makes me cringe, but it's not bad enough to where it would hurt anything from the looks of it.
  8. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I will wait too, because will you die if you don't play any games for 3 months?
  9. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, I wouldn't die, because I'd still have my 2G had I not bought the 3G, but it really doesn't matter. It's likely I wouldn't have been able to afford a 3G, and definitely not a 4G if I had waited until the 4G came out. I'm terrible with saving money and it's really hard to get a job around here recently.

I'm happy with my purchase, it doesn't REALLY bother me that a new version is coming out in a few months.