iOS 4.0 worth updating and jb'ing 4.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by clinto84, Aug 10, 2010.

1. clinto84

clinto84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    hey guys i have a 3gs on 3.1.2 and its jailbroken and everything is how i want it, themes ringtones etc etc etc, im wondering if its actually worth me uprading now while apple hasnt released the patch yet, im just happy with the way my phone is going and dont want apps not working, a friend is having problems after updating with normal non jailbroken apps not working just crashing.

if apple were to release a patch say 4.0.2 because my blobs are saved for 4.0 i should be able to just upgrade/downgrade to any firmware right once all apps are everything is runnin more smmoothly. i have chnaged the host thing in the windows file so it goes to the other server instead of apples.

so should i just do it now and put up with apps and stuff not working or is everything basicly working and i should take the plunge up to 4.0.1

thanks

ps.
    i mainly use winterboard, bitemsms, liveclock, 5x5, make it mine,reminder SBSettings!!! i cant live without that
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

dont do it man lol alot of the apps and tweaks and themes have not be updated i would stay where your at cuz if you download something that isnt compatible with 4.0 then you run into some problems just wait untill all the fixes are out
  3. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Winterboard SBSettings make it mine all work for sure pretty sure 5x5 works not sure about bitemsms. My iPod Touch 2g works perfectly fine on 4.0 jailbroken better then ever before and I have a clear wallpaper never had a app crash besides ram or cydia apps not updated yet. IOS 4 seems pretty good for me.

Edit: I always hear if everything is running fine for you dont update.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Most devs are updating their apps for 4.0. You won't miss much for too long.
  5. seriousneo

seriousneo Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    if you dont use it intensely, go with 4.0
  6. rykah

rykah Member

You'll find a lot of things jailbreaking was generally used for in OS3 are available natively in iOS4. There's plenty of reason to jailbreak if you want something non-native, but if the whole reason you jailbroke on 3.1.3 was for the same features as iOS4, you'll be fine without it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The only reason I jbed to 4.0 was for the folders and frash. If none of those existed, I would have kept the 3.1.3 JB. I am pissed because I lost over 200 songs, and when I saved the library, it only came back with 5 out of the 200 songs... -__- Not to mention all the apps, but I got most of them back.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol I've restored about a dozen times since 4.0 was released and haven't lost anything.
  9. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You lost songs? I didn't lose any. I backed up the song folders on my iDevice using SSH. SSH is really, really reliable for that sort of thing.
  10. cheapfame

cheapfame New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My device is running like absolute sh*t lately. I'ma re-jailbreak it but can anyone advise if any method is better/cleaner code-wise ? Last time I used blackra1n. Should i use JailbreakMe this time ?