Worth the upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MJ Styles, Oct 3, 2009.

1. MJ Styles

MJ Styles New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey guys,

I have a 1st Gen iPod Touch all the way from 2007, and its a little outdated in terms of features compared to the new one. Anyways, I have a bit of money to spend, and I was wondering, is it worth upgrading from the 1st Gen > 3rd Gen? Do the new features warrant me spending £230ish to get the 32gb 3g iPod Touch? Thanks for your help, I just can't decide.

Also, does the 3g iPod Touch have a built in microphone or does it rely on the one on the earphones? Thanks.

-MJ
  2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I do not think it's worth the upgrade. One day the 1Gs will be relics.

As for the mic, it's on the headphones.
  3. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's definitely worth it.

I've made the same upgrade, and I couldn't be happier.
  4. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    As someone who upgraded from a 16GB 1G to a 32GB 3G, I feel the upgrade is well worth it. I love the 3G. The 1G, while solid, is somewhat slow. The 3G's processor and RAM upgrades make it much faster, and make games run amazingly. It doesn't matter what game I throw at it, it plays them all perfectly.

I say go for it. It's a great device, and makes iDevice gaming and general use much better. Video is smoother, Safari is faster, auto rotate is instant (no lag!)...not to mention the new features.
  5. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I upgraded from 8GB iPod touch(Original AKA 1G) > 32GB iPod touch(Late 2009 Model AKA 3G) and I am very happy I made the upgrade because:

I can finally fit more stuff in it,
    it's incredibely faster then the Original iPod touch,
    I don't expirence extreme lag in games anymore,
    better battery,
    brighter with the new LED screen,
    built in speakers,
    the headphones with remote and mic,
    that sexy slender design,
    Bluetooth,
    an FM transmitter\reciever and Wireless N chip(just waiting to be unlocked),
    the volume controls,t
    he screen actually feels better\different then the original iPod touch screen

there is so much more things you have with the new iPod touch 3G then the original iPod touch...it's really worth the upgrade

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah believe it or not, the new ipod touch is quite nice, and recently upgrading from a 1st gen it works much better and is A LOT faster. If your willing to break the bank to buy one, its definitely worth it.
  7. reddmhjlh

reddmhjlh Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Im in the same predicament as you. I am looking to upgrade in the next two weeks or so. Thanks for the input guys!
  8. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I upgraded from a 1G and im very happy with all the improvements.
  9. p282

p282 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey I have to say it is worth the upgrade, If you can save up a bit and shoot for a 64gb model the extra space is pretty nice. you will see speed improvements in most apps, most noticeably in the web browser and in games. The web browser runs very nice and smooth, I use it all the time and love it. The accelerometer also seems a little more in tune and all over I personally really enjoy it. So if you can pick one up.
  10. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think its worth it. I've upgraded from an ipod touch 2g 8gb to now an ipod touch 3g 32gb. The speed and ram upgrade was what I was looking for and I needed that the most. It even makes web surfing faster too.

And hopefully after the jb comes out, we could see developers write softwares for the 802.11n chip, bluetooth, FM send and receive hardware and whatever we can do it with it :]