Worth the "Upgrade" to 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by touchmatic, Feb 1, 2008.

1. touchmatic

touchmatic New Member

Hi everyone. I need some advice. I'm currently running a jailbreak 1.1.1 with all the iphone apps install (mail,maps,weather,stocks...) also with customize. I'm reading that 1.1.3 currently doesn't support customize and the only real benefit i get when upgrading is the wiggly icons and webclips. Is the wiggly icons and webclips really worth the upgrade or should i let this one by till the SDK? I've also never upgraded to 1.1.2 since it didn't seem as if there were any major improvements.

week 38 ipod touch
  2. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    uhh 1.1.3 can now do customize and summerboard boo. with wallpapers and all that. now there is noo reason. just jb 1.1.2, then instal official 1.1.3 jailbreak and you are set.
  3. touchmatic

touchmatic New Member

So are you saying that there is no reason not to upgrade? I'm reading alot of problems, what has your experience been with 1.1.3?
  4. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    most of the problems have been resolved, or can be resolved very simply. right now id def. recommend you to upgrade

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. touchmatic

touchmatic New Member

how are you liking 1.1.3?
  6. Gottaa

Gottaa New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Quite simply if you have a totally working 1.1.2 I'd say don't be rushing to get 1.1.3

Every day I read stuff saying 1.1.3 JB, easy method, then the thread fills with issues people are having, the Official 1.1.3 JB is up to version 3. Let someone else test it for you, once it's not changed for more than 3 or 4 days then make your decision.

Right now if you jump to 1.1.3 you stand a chance of issues, is the wiggle worth it ?

To sum up, wait at least until after this weekend, things normally happen abit quicker at the weekend, see how things look on monday or tuesday
  7. touchmatic

touchmatic New Member

im really not in a rush, but the SDK is around the corner and everything will change.
    they might even release another soft update
  8. jltdhome

jltdhome Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You might as well give in. Once 1.1.4 rolls around im sure youll have to have 1.1.3 in order to upgrade anyways. Plus a lot of the new apps coming out in installer are being modified to work with 1.1.3 only since they run under mobile now instead of root. Also 1.1.3 is already setup for the SDK from what im reading.
  9. nandihno

nandihno New Member

at least upgrade to 1.1.2
    1.1.3 well..i'll wait till the real JB comes...it has been reported lots that this JB is a soft JB...meaning it makes the ipod think it is 1.1.3..but is not really a 1.1.3
    I'll prefer for the dev team to release the real method..but they wont till apple releases the SDK.
    1.1.2 is more stable and is a real JB..
  10. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'd say it's worth it now more than yesterday.

the latest jailbreak in installer (1.1.3-3) is working perfect as far as i can tell. once you're at 1.1.2j , all you need to do is install BSD and then install the jailbreak via installer. it downloads the firmware and does it all for you. then just pick up the 1.1.3 app pack from IPOTM's repo via installer and you're good to go. summerboard works with it and everything's cool (over on my end at least). all the 1.1.3 features as well as 3rd party apps. neato.