Worth Exchanging again?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelloM0f0, Sep 27, 2010.

1. HelloM0f0

HelloM0f0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had no luck with these 4g iPod's. My first one's battery lasted roughly 2 hours and was prone to getting incredibly hot and laggy if I used it for too long. I went to the apple store where I was told this was not a known issue, but they'd exchange it this once. Which really annoyed me, but I got the new iPod so I didn't care.

I was so busy making sure the battery worked correctly (it does) and going on a roadtrip that I neglected to notice the uneven bezel and light leaking from near the volume buttons to the top of the iPod. It's about an inch or more, and can be seen even in light, except for the apple store conveniently. I went to exchange this second one tonight, where I was told again they were not aware of any issues. I was talked to like I was five and never used an iPod before. The girl helping me kept saying that this was 'within manufacturer specifications' but they would exchange it once for a 'cosmetic' issue after implying I was being picky and should just deal with it, because her's has the 'same problem'. I would've just taken the exchange, but I feel that this is not up to the standards apple is supposedly known for, and I should be entitled to return it again if the next one is just as bad.
  2. Eddiewattz

Eddiewattz Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If your not satisfied, I'd just keep exchanging it until you are.
  3. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's not your fault they're broken, so just keep exchanging until you get a good one
  4. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I think you should have been careful to inspect the 2nd new ipod. i would have looked at it with a fine tooth come, asked them to activate it at the store and play with it a bit to make sure everything was ok. honestly Apple cant control all of their employee's attitudes but they need to have some restrictions on abusive picky customers.

I havent had any problems with my IPT4 and i got it on release day. never had problems with my ipad or IPT3.
  5. HelloM0f0

HelloM0f0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I disagree. I'm not picky. I'll do what you said next time though, because I hope to never have to go back to an apple store after this crap. Or the mall, but thats a different story.
  6. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Always remember, you have the right to get a good product for that amount of money.
  7. HelloM0f0

HelloM0f0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm strongly considering waiting a while to exchange until this is not such a widespread issue. Unless anyone thinks that this is something that won't improve over time.
  8. soong

soong New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ummm, I have a question.
    I live in Japan, where people are 'supposably' nice.
    However, in the Apple store, they always say "go to the place you bought for an exchange".
    In this case, for my iPod Touch 1G, I bought it at the Bic Camera (just like a best buy but with ALL technology gadgets). I went to the local Apple store, and they said it was not their fault. When I went to Bic Camerca, they said I should bring it to Apple. When I went back to Apple store for the third time, they said call the manufacture.
    What if the same thing happens to me again?
    Should I argue in the store that I have the right to receive a perfect device for the amount of money I pay?
  9. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Don't thread-jack. start your own topic.
  10. soong

soong New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    mmm, how is this supposed to be thread-jack? I'm not taking away his thread, am I?
    Oh, if you'd like to contribute a solution to my problem, yes, I'll post it.