Worried about scratching screen of iPod touch 4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whitestripesnet, Sep 9, 2010.

1. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am awaiting my full body InvisibleShield for my IPT4. Getting the Touch this week. I just don't think I can wait to open it up and use it before the IS screen protector arrives. So for those of you who have the Touch currently, how is the screen holding up? Does it seem pretty durable scratch wise?

Thanks!
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Each person is different as their usage is different. If you do not want any finger prints or scratches I would wait.

and when you put it on, I suggest wearing latex gloves so you want get any fingerprints on the device while unboxing and placing on the shield.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

You don't have to be overprotective - the screen is made of glass. So long as you're not throwing it around, putting it in a bag or anything like that, the screen will stay in perfect condition. With the exception of thousands of fingerprints.
  4. wtfiwantgames

wtfiwantgames Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    is the glass same as the 1st gen ipod touch? I have been using my 1st gen for 3 years now, there is no major scratches. Is it the same for the ipod touch 4th gen?
  5. torpeau

torpeau New Member

Yeah, isn't the glass so tough that you have to really abuse it to cause any damage?
  6. cnhardwick

cnhardwick New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    On Mohs Hardness Scale (on scale of 1 to 10, with ten being the hardest) glass is a 6. For comparison, a penny would be 3.5 and a steel nail would be about 5. So unless you carry around gems like rubies and diamonds in you pocket with your touch you shouldn't have to worry to much about the screen getting scratched up. The chrome back on the other hand . . .
  7. whitestripesnet

whitestripesnet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah I have the InvisibleShield on my 2G touch and I wont go w/out it. But I really dont think I can wait for the IS to arrive before I start messing around with the touch. I will just have to baby the thing until I can get it protected....
  8. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ive never had any scratches on the screen of my ipod touchs. the back of it is another story though.
  9. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hmmm I have a pretty major scratch on my 1st gen. I'm pretty sure I haven't carried anything harder than steel...
  10. ipodsrule

ipodsrule Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You need to get yourself a high quality microfiber cloth and it will wipe all the fingerprints and smudges away without leaving any scratches.