iOS 4.0 Worried about my data and wanting to downgrade

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xI Jakk Ix, Aug 25, 2010.

1. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have an iPhone 3G and with iOS 4, it's slower than it ever has been, especially when Jailbroken, but I'm not about to Restore my iPhone to get rid of the Jailbreak either. I want to downgrade to 3.1.3 but I did earlier this month and I couldn't Jailbreak it with Redsn0w 0.9.5. I want to keep all my contacts, Cydia data and a way to Jailbreak my iPhone 3G while on 3.1.3 with Redsn0w with features like custom boot & recovery logo, battery percentage and, if it works on 3.1.3, Multitasking with Multifl0w.

Has anyone got a solution as to how I can do all this? I do not want to lose my important contacts for the 16th time because my backup for 3.1.3 doesn't have the contacts I currently have now.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You should your contacts on your computer.

Shift restore to 3.1.3.
  3. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How do I get my contacts onto my computer? Could I also do this with my Cydia packages and sources?
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

For contacts, the best thing to do is to use an email address account to save your contacts, like using a Gmail account or a Yahoo! account. Do this by plugging in your iPhone to iTunes, select the Info tab, and for contacts, enter in your email address. I find this a really easy way to sync your contacts.

Or if you're on a Mac, you can sync with Address Book.
  5. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Okay thanks for the help but is the Jailbreak the same for 3.1.3? Can I have Multitasking, custom Boot Logo, custom Recovery Logo, Battery Percentage etc.?

Also, will redsn0w 0.9.5 be able to Jailbreak 3.1.3? What firmwares do I need?
  6. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you won't be able to get the apple multitasking on anything but 4.x but you could do a JB one like backgrounder.