Workable N64 ROMs?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by smacktack, Jun 8, 2010.

1. smacktack

smacktack Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    First off, I know how to download ROMs and know the legality issues of this topic. Let's get this clear, any game I have and will be downloading I own so they are legal backups. On to the question...

How the heck do people get N64 ROMs on their n64iPhone to work. I am running it on my iPad and it only works with Mario Kart and badly with Paper Mario. I have tried to SSH them into my ROMs folder @ N64 but, they don't show up on N64iPhone at all. I have downloaded others but, they won't work at all. Also, the "browse for ROMs" button doesn't allow me to go to any site except when I use it over my 3G coverage (my wifi is crazy fast and doesn't work). Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am running Mario Kart at full speed and would love to play Ocarina of Time or Paper Mario on the go. LMK and thanks.
  2. FortyTwo

FortyTwo Banned

roms are illegal regardless if you own them or not
    the n64 has hardly been worked on for ipad, the guy who makes them says "i have been out in the world, having a life"
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's still considering pirating if you own or bought the game.
    It's only legal if you made the ROM from the game cart yourself. Downloading is a red light.

The N64 emulator really isn't that good.
    I've played Banjo-Kazooie and Super Mario 64 with the emulator. Neither work that well.
    The iDevices just weren't meant to play those kind of games. :/
  4. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I like it, but it's a bit too slow... I have played the legend of zelda and its hard to aim unless you have a wiimote (which I have

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  5. Supermeip

Supermeip New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

How do u use the sheild?
  6. smacktack

smacktack Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I was basically asking not if ROMs work or not but, how is everyone getting them to work? I tried downloading and SSHing games but, none of it worked. The only game that worked is Mario Kart.
  7. hockeypanda32

hockeypanda32 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wonder how well this emulator will work on the Iphone 4? I guess well just have to see...
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Probably not much better. I believe the only addition to the new iPhone is more RAM, which really won't help that much in a emulator sense.
  9. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The app isnt completely finished yet, let him finish gpsphone first then N64 will be updated
  10. Madhockey

Madhockey New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Since the app is not completely developed. It will only run .z64 .n64 or .v64 roms. I'm having the same problem I'm just looking for ocarina of time.