Work Experience

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by ParrotBoy, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Got to sort out my work experience, really would love to do something in the line of graphic design, got a list of about 10 companies in my local area.

Any one have any advice for what to say when I email/ ring them? And anyone actually done this for their work experience? If so, how was it?

Lol, Im gonna be so nervous.
  2. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah I wanted something like that for my work experience! 2 months later and what have I got? A week in a primary school!!! YAY!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    D: Sorry to hear that, we get to go where we want, as long as we organize it ourself, if not, A fun filled week in the local super market stacking shelves!
  4. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I tried to organise a self placement at the Apple Store, but unfortunately they don't do work experience... *sigh* Instead I am currently working at a housing office for the council. The people here are awesome, and I am currently on my last and 2nd week.
  5. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    D: I'd love to work in an apple store, shame my nearest one is like 2 hours away haha. Suppose having nice people around you makes it more enjoyable.
  6. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Brothel much?
  7. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I lolled.
  8. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when i did work experience, it was a compulsory thing you at school, there was a list of companies that the school had that you could pick from, or find your own placement. i tried to find my own, my mum knew someone at her work that knew someone at Michael Laird Architects, so i didn't really have to do anything to find work experience

so ask other people around you if they know anyone who works there and get them to do the asking, if you can. if not email them or phone and say you are looking for work experience and if they are able to accomade that.
  9. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What exactly is "Work Experience"?
  10. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Does what it says on the tin, instead of going to school for a week you go to a workplace and help around, and learn what its like to have a job.