Work/Better on 2nd gen touch??

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Q115, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Q115

Q115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does the gpsphone work on 2nd gen touch? I once used gpSPhone on my 1.14 1st gen touch before. Most of the games were choppy.

It's been a while, so i'm checking back to see if this app made any dramatic changes. if gpSPhone works on 2nd gen touch, is it faster/better than running it on the 1st gen touch? How's the sound? and is it worth installing? (I'm thinking about playing Emerald)
  2. Raider

Raider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iPod Touch 2G is faster than the iPod Touch 1G. However most of the emulators slowed down on the 2.0 firmware, and the newset gpSPhone has some problems, so atm, it's about the same.

However, depending how long ago you tried it, it might be better for you now. I know I can play all my ROMs fullspeed, with only the more intensive games having jumpy sound. Also stop all background processes while playing (SBsettings + processes widget).

EDIT: Emerald for me has some minor sound issues. Ruby and Sapphire work better so decide if you want the extra features that much.

EDIT 2: And if your playing Pokemon, a lot of them have save issues with the ingame save, so make sure you use gpSPhones save, not the in-game one (press menu and you will get a save prompt).