word, pdf, ppt, etc reader app for ipod?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FrankDaTank089, Jan 23, 2008.

1. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

So when you get word, pdf, power point attachments, and all that other stuff through email on the mail app of your ipod. so under the ipod or mail app there is some kind of code running that will let you open up and read all of these, so why is there not a separate app that will let you ssh over those types of files into a certain folder, designated by the app, and let you open them up and view them at any time on the go. It would be wonderful to edit them, but I understand thats a whole other thing. But why is this not out, lol?
  2. botty

botty New Member

this seem likes a loggical idea never thort about it before but i wud have a go but only have basic developeing skills mate sorry but someone on here will help with this i alos want to now why there isant a ap for this i no someone is doing a app so we can actually have word power point and excel but thts a diffrent matter like u sed but plz relpy someone who nows if we can do this or not

o and sorry about spelling im slight dyslexic
  3. Silver

Silver Member

Device:
    iPad
    epic idea.
  4. ampascua

ampascua New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Something similar to what you're requesting was created a few months ago that utilizes Safari's file-reading functionality.

It requires installing Apache (to view webpages offline), PHP (for php support..duh), a little modding, and finally, a php fileviewer, all of which you can find linked in the post quoted below. Granted, there's a little work involved and you can't do all of this through Installer, but it's worth it if you want to view files offline. Btw, you can't view ppts.