Word of Advice, Don't do the upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by oli_170, Jan 27, 2008.

1. oli_170

oli_170 New Member

It's just not worth it. You loose all the freedom that you have on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.

Maybe in time there will be more freedom and ways to change the look of the ipod. But right now it's just too early. You really have to scrape the barrel to get things you want and even then you can't customize all of the stuff.

I customized everything on 1.1.2 and I loved the look of my ipod. But you can do nothing to your 1.1.3.

Also Dont get itunes 7.6 either. It wont let you upgrade to 1.1.2 for jailbreak.

Just keep calm with the 1.1.3 and give it time. Some may disagree and fine. Give me some reasons why i should stay on 1.1.3 right now. Nothing is ready for customizing and it's just plain dull.

Currently downgrading back to 1.1.1 and getting back on 1.1.2. But on Itunes 7.6.

Any one with me on this, or does anyone agree?

Just thought i would give my opinion to help people think twice before upgrading
  2. Timothy__Ratner

Timothy__Ratner New Member

Well, I have my iPod 1.1.3 jailbroken and am quite happy with it. Sure you can't use Customize or Summerboard yet, that will be done in time.
  3. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I have fully customised Icons, 99% of the apps I had before and all the new features on the mobile apps.

I dont regret 1.1.3 one bit.
  4. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    You are correct. You can't install any apps because there is no space to second 7.6 works good enough for an entire jailbreak process from 1.1.3 -> 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 no problems i used it 3 times today and it worked every time. ALL I NEED TO DO NOW is get this damn space limit !
  5. oli_170

oli_170 New Member

Yeah so I am just gonna wait. I love customizing all of the stuff. I think 1.1.3 is good but it has hardly anything new to offer that i am in need of. I can do all of that on 1.1.2 and more
  6. oli_170

oli_170 New Member

ah

Its not just icons i customize. I customize everything on the "Other.artwork" file and there is no possible way to get into that. Thats why i dont like 1.1.3
  7. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Use Boss Tools to move the applications folder. Easy and works.
  8. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Bosstool doesn't work

Please Register or Log in to view images

when i click move applications it just does spinning wheel for a second and doesn't move the applications at all

Please Register or Log in to view images

i tired the sticky method and that doesn't work nothing works to move the application folder at all.
  9. oli_170

oli_170 New Member

There are a few things you can change i know. Like the carrier image and battery icon i think and also the dock if you try, and the icons.

But thats nothing.

There is the sliders the music player things and all sorts. Just a lot of stuff that really made my ipod and thats why i dont see the point in getting 1.1.3.

1.1.1. and 1.1.2 still offer what 1.1.3 can do
  10. sfgiantswings09

sfgiantswings09 New Member

how'd you get customized icons?
    i cant connect to cuteFTP