Won't Unlock!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TiPT, May 17, 2009.

1. TiPT

TiPT New Member

So I woke up my iPod, and tapped in my passcode. Then it just puts me back to the "slide to unlock" page. The passcode is correct. I am guessing that it is a problem with SpringBoard? I'm not sure about the easiest way to correct this...since I'd rather not do a restore.

Thanks.
  2. DaTouchkee

DaTouchkee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dont restore...
    do you have sbsettings with the auto lock toggle??
    if so, im guessing you just engaged the auto lock toggle, right?
  3. TiPT

TiPT New Member

Darn right! How'd you guess? I'd imagine that I didn't quite pick an optimal way of locking my ipod then did I?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Have you the fix to this slight issue?

Thanks.

4. DaTouchkee

DaTouchkee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes
    this exact same thing happend to me.
    first, restart your ipod, i dont have a passcode on mine but im assuming you should put in your passcode after the ipod boots up, before you slide to unlock double click the home button the music controls will come up.
    now press the play button and it should take you to the music player.
    once this happens disengage the auto lock toggle.
    i think thats how i got around it. let me know if it works or not
  5. TiPT

TiPT New Member

Thank you! I'm trying that right now and I'll update this post when I'm done.

It didn't work.

I tried by, restarting, sliding, passcode, double-tab before it comes back to lock.
  6. DaTouchkee

DaTouchkee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hmmm...
    do you have to slide before you type in your pass code?
    try double tapping before you slide to unlock. I guess I must not remember the exact method that I used, and it may be different with a passcode, but I am sure that I did something using the music controls by double tapping the home button.
    I remember that i had to restart my iPod tho because it like reset the music player or something.
    It happens because your auto lock setting in the settings that come with an unjailbroken ipod is set to never, and your auto lock toggle in sb settings is set to on, and it just locks it immediately.

I stumbled upon the solution by accident because i just kept messing with it. Let me know if you have any questions or progress.
  7. TiPT

TiPT New Member

Yeah. I do have to slide before I enter the passcode. Double-tapping just adds the Prev/Play/Fwd with Vol Control bar. Pressing play just plays music.

I do have wifi and ssh enabled and am able to connect to the device, so if you happen to know if there is a way to disable it via SSH?

Thank you.
  8. DaTouchkee

DaTouchkee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    gahhh this is very frustrating to me because I remember when I finally got it to unlock I felt so cool and all i wanted to do was share this fix with someone, but I had no reason to because I didnt see that anyone else had this problem.
    And now that I finally find someone who has it I cant remember how it worked.

Try to slide to unlock, then double tap, if you get the music controls to come up where they are in a box in the center of the screen, and you have options that say (close) (music) you click on music then it takes you to the music player and it wont lock up right away again. dont forget to restart your ipod tho
  9. TiPT

TiPT New Member

10. tssoccer92

tssoccer92 New Member

i had the same issue
    i double clicked home and began playing music from the lock screen
    while music was playing i then slid the unlock button and it allowed me to open it up as normal