Won't Sync?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nachoaddict, Jan 19, 2010.

1. nachoaddict

nachoaddict New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I asked my friend to upgrade my iPod touch 2nd gen to 3.1.1 firmware because before, I hade jailbroken it but it was at around 2.0.1 or something like that. So he does it and then I update itunes to the latest version and whenever I click on itunes, I get this previous itunes libraries thing.

Anyway I got my ipod touch back today and I wanted to sync all my photos, music, and etc. back in beacuse it was lost in the upgrade process. However now it will recognize that my ipod is there (the computer will show a usb notification and my ipod shows up on itunes) but now it asks me to transfer apps when I try to sync and then if I say transfer, then it won't be added into my ipod. It syncs and does it all but nothing is added.

Also, I tried authorizing my computer and turning on homesync (because for whatever reason my computer will not recognize my ipod as the same one I synced before the upgrade).

Help?
  2. hayntaptap

hayntaptap New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1st Off your computer won't recognize your device as the same one it was before cause you had it restored on a different computer,

Now, I'm not too sure what your having trouble with but you can only transfer music n videos from your ipod onto itunes ONLY if it was purchased form the itunes store, butif you got it from limewire and such then you can jus transfer the music form your limewire library to your itunes library.

idk what you're talkin bout but, yeah
  3. nachoaddict

nachoaddict New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All of my stuff is already on itunes and on the library. However, when I sync, it won't load any of the other stuff in.

UPDATE:

It seems that my friend put a few free apps onto my ipod in the process of upgrading (stuff that he thought was nice) and after my ordeal, I tried to click on them but they malfunctioned. They would load up like usual but only for about 2 seconds before it owuld automaticfally exit. I never even used these apps before I tried to sync the first time.

So I deleted them and now my ipod seems to be syncing normally. Hmmmm?

Keeping my fingers crossed
  4. hayntaptap

hayntaptap New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your iPod is syncing normally now?
    So You Fixed Your Problem?