Won't Sync Music on 2.0 (iPod Touch)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Mindfield, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Something tells me I'm doing something really elementary wrong -- or not doing something I should be.

Action: Upgraded to 2.0 from 1.1.3 via the usual shift-click method (Windows).
    Problem: I can't drag music on to my Touch.

I've turned off automatic syncing, 'cos I have a consolidated library and keep all the songs I want to sync on my Touch in a separate playlist, and my wife's in another.

Most of my music is DRM-free, and since this is the same iPod I bought them on, the DRMed iTunes songs I purchased are still authorized for this device.

Tell me I'm just having a senior's moment here and I forgot to check something, willya? Or tell me what the deal is so I can get the music back on my Touch. Danke.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    What, no one? Surely this can't be an unknown issue and it's just me being a dumbass.

I've tried doing another restore, but nothing seems to help. I try and drag music over and it just stays with the "NO TUNES FOR YOU!" crossed-out circle when I hover over my Touch. I can shove 'em over to my iPhone, but not the Touch.

Anyone? Bueller?

EDIT: Wow, can't bump threads anymore? Jeez, this place keeps racing down that slippery slope...