Wont restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cMahoney, Aug 24, 2010.

1. cMahoney

cMahoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So i wanted to lisien to music and there was a N next to my battery and when you click home it allows you to listien still but not for me so i tried to restore it but it gave me a damn error so someone help me.
  2. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

I think its a bug when you first install backgrounder. You have to change the settings and respring then it wil, be allgood. The little n is to show that its 'native multitasking' you can turn that off. Lol no need to restore. Did you backup your shsh?
  3. cMahoney

cMahoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No you see its bricked in restore and im trying to see if redsn0w will do something idk im desperate right now
  4. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

Alright. I can help you. Im guessing you are trying to restore to an older firmware. Your profile says you have an iPhone 4. If this is correct, then Redsn0w will do nothing for your device. Also you cannot under any circumstances, brick your device. Its a myth. Alright now for some instructions.

Go to this link - http://ifile.it/ck85sb9/umbrella-4.02.05.exe
    Download the program and run it - with your iPhone plugged in. Click on the little box that says display shsh. It will tell you what firmwares you can restore to on your phone. If it says you can restore to 4.0, then click 'start tss server'. Leave the program running. Open itunes, and restore to the firmware that the program told you that you could. If you are still having issues send me another message.
  5. cMahoney

cMahoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes i have a iPhone 4 but im trying to fix a ipod 2g mb model, and i click display shsh and theres nothing there
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    but also it wont allow me to click restore button either it get half way done then freezes
  6. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Enter DFU Mode and restore to 4.0.2-
  7. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

Do you have wi-fi sync installed? that used to mess with the restore process for me. And you do know how to do dfu right?
  8. cMahoney

cMahoney New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok i fixed it, he problem rests in my pc, i plugged in my mac air and that did the trick.