Won't Restore / Update! Ipod Touch 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by SpeedOlight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

Guys! and Gals! I need your help. i've been trying to figure out why my ipod touch won't update normally like others. its stuck with firmware 2.1.1 (stockfirmware) and when i try to update, it will always stuck at preparing to restore bar and it kept moving after awhile, it comes out with either error 1601,1602,1064 and it says ipod can restore and it's stuck so i need to restart it.

i followed up on this thread http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141917&highlight=1602 but to no avail.

now im trying to restore a clean firmware 2.1.1 (using Shift + Restore) and it work. i wonder what i did. oh wait. wthhh now it's stuck at the recovery mode screen. i thought it was a success. i'll try to enter recovery mode first and try flashing to 2.2.1 now. okay it's the usual stuff. stuck at the "preparing ipod for restore" with my ipod touch lighted black screen.

someone can lend me a hand in this? i tried searching for almost every solution and it says use iRecovery but still i can't get it to firmware 2.2.1
  2. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. Update your iTunes

or

2. Enter DFU mode before you restore.

Step 1: Hold down the “Home” button

Step 2: Hold down the “Standby” button

Step 3: When it says “slide to turn off”, ignore it. It should restart with a blank screen. Look at iTunes, and your device should be removed. Now lift the Standby button, while still holding onto the Home button.

Step 4: Keep holding the Home button until the iPod reconnects on iTunes. When the device shows up in iTunes, that’s when you’ll need to lift up your button. If you wait any longer, it will go into Recovery Mode, and that’s not what you want. Your iPod should be blank.

Step 5: Restore through iTunes.
  3. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

my itunes is alrdy at the latest version. DFU mode seems to work sometimes. i tot of upgrading my firmware 2.1.1 to 2.2 will it work? or do i need to completely restore to 2.1 then upgrade to 2.1.1 etc etc?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    wow. a new problem arises. i know that i have successfully restore my 2.1.1 firmware (using normal recovery mode). but now it's stuck at the recovery screen. anyone knows how to kick it out ? i search thru some forums and they say need an application to kick it out? i tried restarting the phone still it din kick out.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    okay an update on the current situation. im still stuck at the recovery screen. no matter what guides i follow it sill won't boot to main screen. it's just stuck at the REcovery Mode screen. i know i have restored correctly to 2.1.1 but its just that it wont get to the main screen.

may i messed up with the irecovery commands part?
    haizz this is so frustating. can anyone help me.

i tried using voltage jailbreak but same results with light black screen.
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member