Won't reset, not recognised by computer...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AbiMF, Jun 1, 2009.

1. AbiMF

AbiMF New Member

Hi, I jailbroke my touch a couple of days ago, and it was working fine. Then I was trying to use logome to install a ew boot logo, which it, said it had, and I exited back to the springboard, and then held my finger on one of the apps to get them to wiggle so I could delete logome, clicked on the little x and the screen froze. I left it a couple of minutes, then held down home and power to reset and it went black. Now it wont come on again, and won't be recognised by either computer, I tried plugging it in holding down home to force restore and it didn't work, tried SSH but of course it won't work because the screen is off... any ideas? Otherwise I'll have to send it to apple and hope they don't notice :s x
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Have you tried a DFU Restore?

Not a normal Restore, a DFU Restore.
    DFU solves everything except physical damage.

Apple will most defiantly notice it and send it back, so don't go there.
  3. AbiMF

AbiMF New Member

Okay, I'm going to sound really thick here, but can you talk me through a DFU restore? Sorry! x
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. AbiMF

AbiMF New Member

Ah yeah, thanks for the idea but with no response at all it's just not possible. Gave it a go anyway; no luck *sighs*. Looks like I'm stuffed! I'll send it to apple just because I'd have nothing better to do with it, and if it comes back as expected, well, then I'll worry. Hmm, money tree? Lol x