wont reboot after theme

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Cjdj3, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Cjdj3

Cjdj3 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi
    i have a ipod touch 3g and i cant restore without losing my jailbreak. i installed a .deb file (wyndows) to setup a theme and the instructions said i needed springjumps and quick lock. First, i went into mobileterminal and typed in:
    su
    alpine
    dpkg -i /tmp/isetup.deb
    i didnt reboot yet. next i went to rock and installed quick lock and springjumps. i was using backgrounder, and when i closed rock, terminal was still running and before i could close terminal, the device rebooted. the device showed the loading swirl and then it stopped spinning and the ipod was frozen. i waited about 30 min but it didnt reboot so i hard reset it. when i plugged it into my computer to run blackra1n again(tethered) it showed geohots face but it never rebooted, it just went back to the apple logo after a while. how can i boot again without restoring?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Rock+Wyndows=restore.
    I ran into the same problem when Wyndows first came out and when I was still a noob and used Rock. Rock is probably what crashes it the first time, and then Wyndows just has so many problems that it won't let it do anything. I had to restore.