wont let me restore my ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Metsguy, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Metsguy

Metsguy New Member

after i was doing the jailbreak and got stuck by the ip address i tried doing it again but it says unknown error 18 when i try to restore my ipod
  2. Gothicdustin1

Gothicdustin1 New Member

same happen here, with the error
    then it wouldn't turn on
    now im back where i was before
    no where

i'd like to know what the "Unknown error (-18)" means
  3. jaileon

jaileon New Member

same for me, and I didn't even try to jailbreak it, only went to that url that exploits the tiff vulnerability.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. remhh

remhh New Member

Attach your ipod to the computer, dock or cable. Hold the sleep and home buttons down. Keep holding it down the red slider will appear. Keep holding them down and the ipod screen will change with the connect to the computer/itunes image. Open Itunes and it should recognise the ipod as being in restore mode. restore the ipod as instructed and it should restore all the files, firmware etc. This worked for me. It took me a few times, but got the mod to work after a few attempts.
  5. jaileon

jaileon New Member

Found the answer guys (extracted from http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4307433):

So if you bricked it (like me) with the tiff, here's how you force a restore. Holy the sleep and home button until your ipod turns off. Keep holding them until the apple logo appears, then release the sleep button, but keep holding the home button. This will force a restore in itunes, your ipod will then completely restore.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I just want to add that you have to hold down both bottons for a relaly long time.

First, the screen will turn off, then it will turn back on and the Apple logo will be there. Once that happens, let go of the sleep button while making sure not to let go of the Home button. Keep holding the button until you see the iTunes + Cable image. Then let go of the Home Button and reconnect to iTunes.
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You went ALL the way over to Mac Rumors? That sucks. I've personalyl posted this at least 15 times in this forum right here. And I've seen at least two other people who seem to have posted it as much as I.

Next time, save your self some time and do a quick search here.

Please Register or Log in to view images