Won't Get Past Apple Sign

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stewartlittle, Aug 24, 2010.

1. stewartlittle

stewartlittle New Member

I was looking at my son's iPod Touch yesterday and fumbling thru the pictures and it froze. I forced it off and now it won't get past the Apple sign.

Computer won't recognize it, I tried restarting it,I tried plugging it in while pressing the menu button and recovering it it.

I downloaded the latest version of iTunes and starting all over and nothing happens.

He finally admitted he tried to jailbrake it which pissed me off because I told him not to to that. But it was working,listening to music and the pages appeared to look and work as usual.

Anyway, any ideas on how to get it back to normal to where it can be used again?

Thanks,
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DFU Restore. While it's off and Plugged in:
    1. Press Power for 3 Seconds
    2. Without releasing Power hold Home for 30 Seconds
    3. Release Power but keep holding home.

You PC or Mac should now install drivers and then open Itunes to tell you that it found an iPod in DFU mode. This will wipe everything from the iPod, but eventually fix it and update it.
  3. stewartlittle

stewartlittle New Member

I believe that got it or something did. I'm on my computer at work so I don't have everything that was on it and no apps,but I did get some music on it and some pictures.

I may not give it back to him for a while for disobeying me,though, Teach him a lesson.

Thanks,
  4. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I'd hate my parents if they took my iPod.
  5. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Nowadays, there is no risk to jailbreaking unless you TRY to wreck it. I don't think keeping it off him will do any good.
  6. stewartlittle

stewartlittle New Member

Hate is a pretty strong word and I just might would have to disown someone for hating me,tell them when they can move out of the house and get a job and pay for everything then they can do what ever. I'm the Daddy I told not to,he did it and he needs to be punished. Just as if I tell him to do his chores and he refuses he needs to be punished.

That said he is a very well behaved child,does what we asked without question most of the time and very seldom disobeys us,or any adult within reason. Sometimes if he sees another child is not pulling their weight he won't do nothing till they start doing something.

As parents we noticed yesterday he made a 44 on a math test,not good at all,the iPod might be the culprit since he stays on it alot and if he brings it up in 2 weeks I'll let him have it back.

School comes first,he may have back when we see his grades improve.Mama wanted to keep it from his till the summer,I think that is a little too strong,2 weeks will be enough for now,if he brings his grades up.

And if I find out he tries to jailbrake it again I'll give it away or trash it.

Thanks for the help and replies,
  7. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I'm sorry buddy but jailbreaking does not break an iPod unless you actually try to break it. I don't see why you hate jailbreaking so much. I've jailbroken all 5 of my iDevices, also my siblings iPod Touches and a couple of my friends and none of them have had anything at all go wrong that was caused by jailbreaking.
  8. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

Well you know, some Parents don't want their kids learning things that can get them into trouble. I'm not saying I hate jailbreaking iPods. Nor saying that they will get into future problems. But its a parents choice.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    jailbreaking is great, you're paying alot of money for half a device if you dont jailbreak it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh and jailbreaking cant get you in trouble
  10. stewartlittle

stewartlittle New Member

OK, this is getting on another subject, but what else can an iPod Touch do if you jailbrake it? just more Apps on it.?

I don't fully understand why you would want to,I thought they did enough already.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to jailbrake because I done it to a camera and it gave it alot more options with the aftermarket firmware,but still wonder what else it can do?

Show some links to the positives of jailbraking.