won't finish refreshing

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Robinson777, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Robinson777

Robinson777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    starting today my iPod has just got to about 90% done refreshing and then it stops and won't move....I restarted my iPod router and modem and that didn't help....anybody have a fix?
  2. D3R_0N

D3R_0N New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    SSH into your ipod and delete this file:
    "var/root/library/installerRemotePackages.plist"
    Start installer and it shoud work

Please Register or Log in to view images

I had the same problem it's because you have too many sources I think

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yup i have the same problem, i will try deleting the thing you talking about.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Tilt it to the right so the bar is going downhill! JK I believe that fix will work that D3R_0N posted.
  5. Renaud4

Renaud4 New Member

jus delete all of ur sources (exept comunity and apptapp) then reinstall them
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Or try deleting packagesources.plist It deletes all your sources except for nullriver. then you can just reinstall the sources.

I thing RemotePackages.plist just keeps track of packages from the source and localpackages.plist keeps track of what you see in installer.

For example if you delete RemotePackages.plist and try to install something without a refresh it should crash or end with a error because it doesn't no were look for it. If you delete localpackages.plist you wont see any packages in installer. If you get rid of packagesources.plist no sources and you will still see the packages and if you try to install something it will try and end in an error.
  7. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok now my installer is really acting gay, everytime its refreshing it gets half way, and it kciks me out of installer im getting pissed off.....

Edit: I shut off my iPod, turned it on and it happened again. Did it one more time and now it seems to work and it refreshed all the way.