Review Wobble Review

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Abcmsaj, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    What can your iPhone do? Can it work out the annual interest on a loan in 1 tap? Can it act as a sat nav for your car? Can you pretend to be a WW2 solider and storm the beaches of Normandy? Yeah... mine can do that too - How about we add a bit of fun to the lineup?

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is Wobble, an app created by Glentwood Pty. Ltd. which has been on the App Store for a long time. In fact, you may have seen it before! It's had the honours of:
    • #1 in Australia
    • #1 in Japan
    • #2 in UK
    • #3 in USA
    • #5 Interenationally

It's proven to be a big hit around the world, but some people haven't seen it yet, and I think they're missing out!

Wobble is a very well designed app with a very cool function which is very realistic. You drag targets onto a photo. These targets are pink and white and you can easily change the shape of them by doing the standard pinching gesture. You can place the targets over anything (yes, I mean anything) and shake your iDevice to make the target areas wobble in a scarily realistic manner.

If you're too cool to be seen shaking your phone in public, then you'll be happy that the latest update to Wobble has blowing support. Which means you can blow into your iPhone (or iPod Touch's external mic) and the wobbles will work too!

Once you've done your masterpiece, you can save it within the app and show it to people for endless laughs. I ended up having to pass my iPhone around my group of friends because they all wanted to make something funny wobble. It's so amusing... even making parts of a car jiggle all around.

If you have access to the internet, you can even upload your Wobble to a dedicated website, www.hotwobble.com (has the option to be NSFW, but is made safe by default), where you can share it (email, tweet, FB, Digg and Blog) with everyone who doesn't have the iPhone app. The only problem I've found is that even after registering, I can't seem to "activate" the OK button on the login screen... so I can't show you my example I made... However, here's one which is safe and fun! All you need to do is pull the iPhone down with your mouse, and then let go!

Orange Wobble

and here's the broken log-in menu.

The graphics are very good. Navigation is made easy by the label-less nav bar on the bottom of the screen, and the app is divided nicely into four main sections: A main menu, a photo selecting screen, a target placing screen and a preview screen. The only main "graphic" in the app is the Wobble targets, and they're very clean and polished, with a few Photoshop effects on them - They look very good.

In terms of user-friendliness, the app is definitely pick-up-and-play, and literally anybody can pick it up within 2 minutes. If somebody wants to take a photo, however - This can't be done inside the app. The app only lets you use photos from the Camera Roll or any saved photos you have. You can exit the app, take a photo, and then re-enter the app though, but with Apple's 3.0 APIs, camera-integration should be in the app already in my opinion.

The price isn't extreme either. $1 for the lite version (which doesn't have the option to blow through the microphone, or share your photo on the web) and $1.99 for the premium. At one point in its lifetime, proceeds from the app went to a charity dealing with Breast Cancer, and I thought this was a very suitable app for that cause!

YouTube:

However, if you're amazed by the app, and want to rush off to the App Store to buy your copy - I'd ask that you hold your horses!

Wobble 2 is in the making and it coming to the App Store very soon. I haven't been told much yet, but I can reveal that as well as all the features that Wobble 1 had (I think) there will also be 3D wobbling and the ability to upload your Wobbles straight to YouTube!... So when this comes out, I will definitely be doing an extension to this review.

So the scores for Wobble:

Presentation & Graphics: 4/5. It's easy to navigate and there's nothing which made me think it needed a makeover.
    Audio: N/A. No game audio.
    Gameplay & Controls: 4.5/5. Intuitive to anybody - Even the elderly. It all uses the iPhone's standard gestures of dragging and pinching.
    Replay Value: 5/5. ENDLESS fun. You can be really creative with this. Once you get tired of making your friends' heads wobble, you can move onto something else. And the fun doesn't stop (I especially like blowing to make wobbles happen)
    Value for Money: 3.5/5. It could be better. It is a very good app, but has been out for a very long time. And with a second version around the corner, I think the prices should be dropped to Lite: Free, Premium: $1. Then that leaves the market open for Wobble 2 to come in at $1.99.

Final Score: 17/20 = 4.25/5 = 85%. Impressive app overall! Bring on Wobble 2!

App Store Link.

Attached Files:

2. TREYisRAD

TREYisRAD Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i think you missed the point of the app

haha, good review.
  3. TDG

TDG Active Member

Looks good Alex. If that YouTube thing actually does come to Wobble 2, I'll be buying it.
  4. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I very much strayed away from the main point. I'll let your imagination wander though

Agreed. That would be the main selling point for me. Automated wobbling in a 20 second vid, maybe? Landscape or portrait. Very cool.
  5. moviemogul83

moviemogul83 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have never wobbled so many naughty pics in my life with this app, lol.
  6. Akiyama Mio

Akiyama Mio Member

Oh you naughty sly dog you.
  7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This thread is full of sly dogs...