With 3.0/Bluetooth now released...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iceflow94, Jun 22, 2009.

1. iceflow94

iceflow94 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is it possible to use the Touch like a phone answering service? GE recently sold a phone phone that had Bluetooth and would allow you to use it to answer your cell phone. Well now that Bluetooth is open on the Touch would thisbe possible with the Touch rather than the GE phone?
    I realize that there is no mic or phone style feature on the Touch but with a Bluetooth headset it seems like it could be done and for a multiple cell phone household would be a great option.
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ohhh yeah that would be pretty cool....

but then you would only be able to call when your by a WiFi spot.
  3. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    SEARCH! or just read what I just posted in 'Bluetooth according to Apple Support'

It's not that hard people. and everyone else quit answering all these dup posts and people will learn to look or to search.

This thread should be locked or deleted
  4. iceflow94

iceflow94 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey Berg, you post has nothing to do with my post other than being able to use a bluetooth headset. My main question was wether it would be possible to answer my cellphones through the bluetooth on the Touch - I could always grab a wired phone mic to have conversations on the Touch.
    You should try not Douching on everyones post just because they posted a similar topic to yours and you NEED yours to be the authority on things.
  5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    it absolutely does! the fact that the ONLY device you can connect is A2DP stereo headphones!

THINK! that means no damn phone connected over bluetooth!
  6. mnewmansnow

mnewmansnow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    IceBerg, you do realize that he has said nothing about apple adding this function. He said that he wants to know if it is possible that this could be done and your "Bluetooth according to apple" thread is only about what apple suppost has told you.

I am not sure if this is possible hardware wise, but i can imagine that it could be done if someone took interest in building the software to do this (if the hardware supported it). I agree with SumDaii though, this would be very cool. I definitely use my ipod touch more than my phone and would love to just pick up calls on my touch rather than taking out my phone.
  7. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

or just use the bluetooth to connect to your phone, that seems a lot easier
  8. mnewmansnow

mnewmansnow New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think thats exactly what he is talking about.