WirelessN???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dancerdudes, Sep 20, 2009.

1. dancerdudes

dancerdudes Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I remember the old rumers saying that there was going to be wireless n in the new iPod touch... Is this true? This would just make want to upgrade so much more! Imagine YouTube loading speeds and what about *******ing when it gets jailbroken????

Welll just reply with whether or not it has wireless n.... Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    well someone found a wireless n chip in the iPod touch 3G so i think it will unlock wireless n in a future update...its not that old of a rumor by the way

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wireless N does not make your internet magically faster. Its still bottlenecked by the ISP providing it. 802.11n is better/mainly used for a wireless streaming home theatre system.
  4. dancerdudes

dancerdudes Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I notice with my laptop I get 5mbps and my main computer gets 5 mbps download speeds whereas my ipod gets a usual burst of 1 mb..... I have talked to some of the guys, and they agree with me that the problem is not my router (it can broadcast all 3 at the same time) it is my ipod only bring restricted to lower speeds due to the wireless card built in..... So if there was a wireless N card in the new one, my speeds would go higher to around 5mb?
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wireless B/G is plenty for surfing the web and isn't the reason why you're getting 1 mbps. Now if you wanted to stream stuff on your local to your iPod touch, N is for you.

802.11b/g

802.11n

6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Possibly. And the chip is there, iFixIt confirmed that. Personally, I'd say expect the Wireless N and FM radio (also included in the chip) for the 4.0 update (for a price, of course!).