Wireless USB Adapter for Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thedeej, Dec 10, 2007.

1. thedeej

thedeej New Member

Would i be able to use a USB Wireless Adapter connected to my PC, to connect my Ipod Touch to the internet, or would i have to replace my wired router with a wireless one?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks
  2. arsyan

arsyan New Member

yes u can by doing a adhoc internet connection sharing. read on some new post someone post on how to do it.
  3. nickb182

nickb182 New Member

I use the same one that i use to connect my wii to the net, one of the datel wifi max jobbys.
  4. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    buy a psp wifi max 17 pound on amazon plug into your main computer install software

done you now have wireless internet

i have

2 laptops
    2 Ds
    1 Psp
    1 Ipod touch
    1 Wii

running from my psp wifi max =))
  5. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes just change it into Access Point mode (adhoc) and tell it to use your wired internet connection for internet. Than you can set up the access point to use encryption and a password that you can connect to it wirelessly from.
  6. alirz

alirz New Member

i'm using the touch with a ad hoc with my opc which also has a usb wifi adapter.
    i can browse the net and all on the touch while in ad hoc connection but when i goto the installer it does not refresh the sources.
    However if the sources were earlier refreshed while on a regular wifi conneciton, then i can go back in ad hoc mode and get to the repositories and i can download/install apps while on a adhoc,, any idea sources dont refresh, any speacila port being used by them??
  7. Jkeeper

Jkeeper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  8. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wat u do is u have ure computer hooked up to the internet...and i if u have a wireless card or usb u can create a network. then u can use the internet on ure ipod....theres a page on this forum but i cant find it at the moment....
  9. Paintball

Paintball New Member

No no no. Read the post please. I will repost the important part.

I have the same problem when I proxy my internet through my computer to the touch. This is a common problem and I don't think anyone has been able to get around it. I just use my schools wifi for installer and do other stuff manually at home.