Wireless iPod Touch Charger

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by GarnetNGold, Feb 14, 2008.

1. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I was wondering if there is a wireless iPod Touch charger for your computer. Because the wires are hassle sometimes and sometimes if I get up my arm is wrapped up a little in the wire and my touch is hanging by the wire.
  2. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    your kidding right?
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow, if you invent one, you'll be freakin' rich. Are you saying that you want a charger that will somehow send power of a wireless connection?! Dude, the electromagnetic energy involved in any wireless or even radio transfer is so pointlessly small that its not even worth bothering. I think there was a Mythbusters episode where they tried to use an enormous radio antannae to capture electricity. Using a 40 foot long antennae they captured about enough electricty to power a Casio watch. Dream on dude. I wouldn't want to be within 10 miles of any transmitter that could spew out that kind of power. I still want to have kids. XD
  4. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    there might b h/o i know there is wireless razr chargers=] brb
  5. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

this would be awesome. But you would probably have to have the apple airport extreme or something.
  6. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Found It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=]
  7. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    an external battery is a feasible route. I imagine that there is quite a market for one. I'd buy one. The problem is that apple doesn't seem to be very keen on making an serious hardware upgrades for their portable products. I haven't even seen a decent case come out of apple. This is another one of those things where some brilliant entreprenuer with a degree in computer hardware engineering will decide to run a manufacturing line for these things in his basement, becoming rich in the process, and supplying the masses with an external battery.
  8. Azuremen

Azuremen New Member

And it needs batteries I assume.

Thats all good and fine. Where it gets crazy is if you expect to not have batteries.

That aside would be nice to clear up the wires, but I don't like paying for batteries.
  9. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, an external battery would be something that you could charge overnight with your ipod and in the morning when you pull the ipod off the regular charger, you could attach the external battery to add some extra juice so that it will last longer throughout the day. I think it would sell pretty well. It would be nice to be able to watch the whole Lord of the Rings Trilogy on my ipod in once sitting while not being connected to a wall.
  10. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad