wireless in my pocket...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Irisphnx, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Irisphnx

Irisphnx New Member

So far I've almost always been able to find an unsecured wifi connection when I need it, but what I really want is my own to carry along with me. I just got back from a business trip and I was really jealous of those guys using their blackberries or cell phones for wireless internet to their laptops.

My wish... a nifty little do-dad that could fit in a pocket/purse/backpack and bounce a signal like from clearwire into something useable for my ipot.

Is that so far-fetched???

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

3. Irisphnx

Irisphnx New Member

Ooooo, I want that Kyocera... Now if I just had an extra $400 or the modem and a new phone... or maybe my phone would work...

tech addiction is so spendy
  4. iStealth

iStealth New Member

looks kinda cool. but 400 is too high.
  5. Rdude

Rdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    man if this technology was available for a cheap price I would get it in a heartbeat. And if it was able to fit in a pocket or backpack or something.
  6. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Even if the boxes were free you would still have the monthly cost of the Cellular wireless data. For something like that ATT Wireless would charge approximately $99/month. The $400 would be cheap compared to the $2400 you would pay over the life of your 2 year contract.

What would be even better is if we could get Uncle Sam to put WiFi access points all over the place and we would just use them. There are several small cities experimenting with this idea with some success.

PS - This is why you need an iPhone instead of the Touch. As soon as they get a 3G iPhone that can synch with Exchange email I'm good to go.
  7. s4shanonly

s4shanonly New Member

8. iStealth

iStealth New Member

OR google EVDO wireless router... you can find them less than 400, but they still require a carrier card and are less portable. but I think they can be around $150