Wireless electricity

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Hayesy15, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Hayesy15

Hayesy15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    did u know that you could get wireless electricity
    it is still in early stages but i a few years it will start to be released into the market more and more
    there already are panels that you just plug in and put your ipod or phone on top of it (no wires) and it will charge. at this stage you need to plug in an adapter to your phone or whatever because there are not built in yet.
    you can put a panel behind tour wall or under a table and haver your tv powered wirelessly.
    so when this is fully developed you can just throw your phone on the table and it will charge.

this works by having an electro magnet that gives off an magnetic field which is revived by a receiver in an ipod or sumin.
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Seems interesting.
  3. Led

Led Banned

I would buy one of the panels. You could just toss your ipod on it and leave it there. It'd be awesome when everything has these types of things built in.
  4. Solstace

Solstace New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I hope you guys all have a lot of cash because I sure don't. This wireless battery recharge harware is going to be pricy if it is released out into the market.
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wireless electricity/charging is not new. Lots of phones before had devices that charged via a Dock. Kind of like what the Palm Pre does.
  6. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, was going to mention the Pre
  7. rofl.

rofl. Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wouldn't necessarily "toss" an iPod on a table. But I get your point anyways

Please Register or Log in to view images

But this is an interesting idea, but as stated by Solstace, this does seem very pricey.
  8. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought they use uhh, that really old form of sending stuff through cell phones... not bluetooth... what's that other thing. Crap, crap.

INFRARED! RIGHT RIGHT.

Don't they already use high-powered infrared as a means of charging robots and shiz?
  9. Sony_i

Sony_i New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If this occurs then no more power wires out in the streets but i have always thought about this topic
  10. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not necessarily that powerful, that would be dangerous.