Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mikez3r0, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Mikez3r0

Mikez3r0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ok first off im going to explain every single bit of info i have collected.
    I have a ZyXEL P660HW-D1 Router
    3rd Gen IpodTouch 32GB with 3.1.1 Installed
    Many apps installed including speed test
    Wep 128bit Password (Have tryed removing it)
    Mac Filtering turned off
    Live in Spain Telefonica with 300kpbs download and 30kpbs Upload (max i can get)

Computer connected to internet total = 2
    Laptop Connected to Internet = 1 (wirelessly)
    Ipodtouch = 1

Total ports on back of router 4 for internet

Ok so basically i try to connect my ipod touch to internet it sucessfuly does so and i download stuff and can view videos everything just at horribly slow speeds 0.3-3kpbs this is on my router and its very slow i cannot go on online games on tap tap or download songs which is annoying i can connect to skype fine and chat with microphone and text no lag perfect all other apps take ages to download or fail to work.

My freinds internet he is on the same provider telefonica he has same speed as me connection i connect my ipodtouch to his internet 300kpbs download 30kpbs upload and connect seriously fast to websites and download at incredible speeds he has a similar router to mine will provide more infromation if necesary tommorow.

Basically i dont know whats wrong with my router laptops connect fine and download fine its just my ipodtouch ive tried resetting router messing with settings brining back to factory settings even resetting settings on ipodtouch, i also had similar problems with my ipodtouch 8gb 2nd gen when i had it although it worked fine until 3.1.1 i think going to ask if i can try tommorow to see if its the ipod touch, so bascially if anyone can help ive spent hours upon hours searching and this is almost my last hope, i dont want to buy a new router and mine is fully upgraded to newest firmware that i am aware of 3.40.

THANKS ALOT IF YOU HELP

2. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm how far are you from your router when you try This? Also what channel is your router set on? Should set it to either 1, 6 or 11 to avoid any possible rf interference. Other than that I'm not really sure what else you could try. Maybe change your encryption method to wpa or something. Wep keys can be Pretty unsecured.

You could also try an isolation test by unplugging all devices connected to your router and trying a download test. If it's still slow it might be related to your iPod or router configuration
  3. Mikez3r0

Mikez3r0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ive tried all channels on my router to avoid interferance i live in a small urb nobody will connect here to my wifi, it wont let me choose wpa connection and as ive said i removed the protection alltogether. Ive tried configuring only a few other bits as im not a computer genius and i dont want to call telefonica service as itll take upto a month as they are hopeless !!! also it connects to my freinds wifi fine but he has mac... and possibly a different make of router im not quite sure ill find out later.. im seriously getting pissed off as it used to work fine ! or at least better than it does now. anymore help people

if you need any info i can provide.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okey so ive tested the internet with 2 other things my freinds laptop its getting 250 kpbs download via wifi and my psp which has great connection and not bad downloads at all... im now thinking its a problem with the ipodtouch settings... yes ive reset the network settings before, or the router eugh..