wireless connection problems... Anybody help??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Myekay, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok it all happened today, idk what happened...

I've searched but my question wasnt answered...

I usually connect to my secure wireless network at home...
    but today, idk what really happened but all of a sudden i cant use the internet!!!

I connect to my wireless connection, but when i go to safari, i get "safari cannot find server" even though it says im connected to the internet.
    Ive tried to see wats wrong but idk how to fix it. Also my ip address isnt the same. Actually a few things arent the same in the wireless settings for my network... My ip address started with 192.154..... Etc but now it says 169.254... Etc yeahh idk whats up with that...

So now im forced to use an unsecure wireless network when i have a secure one...

Has anyone else had this problem??? How do u fix it?

FYI: i have a 2WIRE wireless modem if that helps... Thanks!!
  2. banisfresh

banisfresh New Member

i had the same problem, try resetting your network settings, if it doesnt work (which it didnt for me) change your dns in your wifi settings to 208.67.222.222 it worked for me.
  3. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Once u change the DNS setting to those numbers what do u do then? Any restarts of any kind? Does this work with 2 WIRE?

Oo also, will it mess anything up? Thanks!
  4. ydoucare

ydoucare New Member

Just changing your DNS isn't going to work. You are not being assigned an IP address by the DHCP server, hence the 169.254.xxx.xxx APIPA IP. Ensure your router is configured properly (DHCP server enabled, etc). Alternately, you could try setting a static IP for your network if you know the IP of the router/gateway.
  5. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How exactly do I do that??
  6. Destroyer

Destroyer Member

i had the same problem in the morning , when i came back from school i just disconeted my wireless router for 5 seconds and then conected back on , and it worked

sometimes routers get messed up

i dont know why but my ip always change too , but mine says 10.0.0.4 or 10.0.0.5
  7. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks guys!! i got it working... I just HOPE this doesnt happen again...
  8. robjob

robjob New Member

gonna piggyback with a different problem here.........

any idea what this is or if it is common? i bought an iTouch 3 weeks ago and it kept dropping the wi fi signal (after surfing for a few minutes) enough to where i took it back. I have been experiencing it with the new one also, i have even been a few feet from my router when it has happened........any remedies?

i never had trouble connecting i have trouble staying connected!
  9. Myekay

Myekay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it is kinda common and the weird thing is that i believe that this problem has nothing to do with jailbreaking... So idk if apple will do something about it... But this problem is cure-able. It took me about a day to fix it...

I had to reset my router about twice but it didn't work right away... I had this problem yesterday. And woke up this morning that it was workinggg

I really didn't want to mess around with changing the ip address or DNS settings I just restarted my iPod, turned off wi-fi and unplugged my router about twice... Then later on I put my wep number and it worked!

Not sure If this will work for everyone... But if u r having this problem... Just do what I did, it didn't mess up anything so far...
  10. Mahrunes

Mahrunes New Member

I have this same problem and nothing will work
    please help

EDIT- I also have a 2 wire router