Wireless connection or OS issue? I need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mike SVOR, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Mike SVOR

Mike SVOR New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I use my ipod touch almost totally for watching youtube videos. Lately the connection to youtube has gotten slower and slower. Sometimes it sits there saying "Loading movie" and sometimes it just sits there trying to buffer the movie, never finishing.
    I've restored it 3 times now.
    I've tried it on my work network today also, and it does the same thing.
    If I look at Wi-fi settings, I get the little circle thing next to choose a network.... every 8 seconds.
    I don't know if I should send it in for repair or try and jail break it.
    My networks are proven solid and have tried multiple configs. My laptop computers work fine on the wireless also. And, as of today, have tried multiple network locations and ISPs.
    Please tell me what to do.

thanks,
    Mike
  2. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I hate telling people to do this for small problems, but in your case, I would put it in DFU Mode, and then Restore.

You said you werent jailbroken, so all you need is to do an iTunes backup before your DFU Restore, and then restore after you restore.

DFU Mode Video Tutorial

If you dont know what a DFU Restore is, it makes sure that you clean install your OS, so you likely dont encounter any problems.

Its just a regular restore, but its better and ensures that little to no problems will be encountered. DFU is actually short for Device Firmware Upgrade.