wiping out EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by shortguy088, Feb 6, 2008.

1. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

i am gonna rejailbreak my ipod and i heard that the elite way to jailbreak is the bst. but how do i completly wipe everything out og my ipod and start from scratch? cause when you restore is doesnt take the old applications folder out. i want to get rid of everythign as if i just pulled it out of the box
  2. link_08

link_08 New Member

need force to restore and then eveything will be as i u are unpacking your new ipod touch
  3. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Either SSH into your touch and remove all the folders you don't want. Or you can buy or download a program called iphone drive. When you plug in your touch and run the program, it allows you to almost any folder. Interestingly, I used to be jailbroken, but I bought the Jan. upgrade and have been "legit" since. When I ran iphone drive, iphysics and some ebooks were still on there. I thought that was interesting.
  4. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

when i did this last time the other application folder was still in there. the old one. and thats how people were able to keep their old apps by making a link from that folder to the original applications folder
  5. sharkie545

sharkie545 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont think everything gets completly deleted but u could probably use bosstools which will complete whipe all files on your ipod that itunes leaves behind
  6. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Force Update might not erase things, Force restore should nuke it so it as fresh and pure as new fallen snow.

IMHO, and as I dimly recall from my restore back to 1.1.1 to re-jailbreak....