Preview [WIP] TopPod (Temp Name, need a new one) [WIP]

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Alt+F4, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Continuation to thread in theme help section.

Ok, well i came up with a temporary name "TopPod". This is a mockup made in PS, with no icons yet, just a basic layout. Each icon is roughly 71 pixels wide. I will work more later on the curve effect, so thats something that will need to be improved.
    Right now I don't know what to do with the icons, or what type would look good with this theme. Any ideas? And the bottom row is the only row meant to have a reflection.

Please Register or Log in to view images

For some of you who didn't see my other post, the edit button is winterboard.

It should only require 4 blank icons each page, and 3 blank icons for the dock. So 7 in total for the first page and 4 the rest, not hard to set up at all. And I'm gonna work on it later, done for right now.

My idea for the page indicators will be up later, but I don't know if it will work.

Im going to need some help on this, if you want to see what i need go to the theme help section, and post there. I will update this thread daily, maybe with some new work.​
  2. Chabara

Chabara Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    as you say the curves and perspective/whatever are pretty bad atm, if you fixed that i think you'd have a very nice start

s'far as i can tell, you'd have to have your icons arranged in a certain order, yes? one way to get around that would be to have all the icons be ~78x108 rectangles, and have the bottom right icon overlay on top of them and give them the right shape

that's how i'd do it
  3. DigitalSoul

DigitalSoul New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When I see this I think of the "Top sites" on Safari 4.
  4. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thats what it's supposed to look like

5. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    In safari, at the bottom right corner of the top sites page, there's a history search thing. When you click on it, it show your history in big coverflow like thing. I think you should add that, maybe as a springjump? And then you could use it to show apps in cover flow on the next page, and it will be sort like inav, except with coverflow.

Do you get what I'm saying?

Edit: nevermind, don't to that. I'm going to make a coverflow theme. Thanks for the idea though.
  6. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I get it. What i was thinking is the search thing could be a shortcut to Spotlight? I'm trying to make icons with a good perspective like a couple posts up, it's kind of complicated.

Ehh, im not to good with this perspective thing....

EDIT: Chabara, a little help? I get what you saying, I'm just not good at Photoshop and don't know exactly how to do it.
  7. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just add an extra row of apps at the top, or leave the last row blank so you could maybe extend the reflection abit.
  8. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, im going to leave the last row blank, for reflection and other purposes. I'm just trying to achieve a nice perspective like the safari topsites.
  9. Snowballwarrior

Snowballwarrior Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nice job with the animation
  10. Chabara

Chabara Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well see the icons overlap eachother, with the top left icon being on the bottom and the bottom right on top

for example, get a wallpaper.png and rename it to your bottom-right dock icon (brd icon from now on) and see that it goes over all the other icons

so if you get a properly sized brd icon, with holes cut in the right places, you'll see your icons through it

would be a good way to let people arrange their icons any way they want and still have the theme in the right shape

see here

and uh, i think the shape and curves etc is the most important part of this, be sure to get that right