Preview [WIP] Natural Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by JaydeTech, Oct 24, 2009.

1. JaydeTech

JaydeTech New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey all,

This will be my 10th theme release, but first under this new name. My previous themes have a net 20,000 downloads as of now =].

Now, I'm looking to start theming again after quite a break. First up- my Natural Theme

I'm going for a real Minimalist look, with as few icons as possible. Now, I was planning on using Categories, but there as these new Pogo Plank and Boos Paper apps? It's been longer than I thought =p. I'll look into incorporating those, but for now, bear with me.

Back on track. Natural theme, minimalist design. Only Dock icons, and a single Categories icon above the Phone icon.

It's early in creation, so bear with me =].

Comments? Criticisms?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I don't like the style, BUT, that doesn't mean it's bad,

3. JaydeTech

JaydeTech New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Fair enough, to each their own =]. Would you care to elaborate on what you don't like about it?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Alright I have a second version, with more chiseled icons.

Phone has a hard chisel with maximum settings
    SMS has a hard chisel with half settings but more pixels
    iPod has a softer chisel
    iCal is a different font, obviously.

Main post updated
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    What were your other themes? This looks kinda weird, the bevel looks waaay to harsh on the last screen, but it needs some on the first shot. Somewhere in the middle. Also, most people hate categories, at least I know I do.
  5. JaydeTech

JaydeTech New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My other themes? Nothing like this before. Some were sports teams, some were just random. Notre Dame, Phillies, Steelers, UNC, MSU, a Celica theme, for some reason I made an Under Armor theme for someone, I have a modified iNinja theme, and something else. Hm..Oh well.

Interestingly enough, I think I found a nice middle ground between the first and second. Instead of focusing on just the layer, I'm incorporating another layer beneath, almost to replicate the effect on the main flower. Which I probably should have done in the first place =\.

I also have another idea I want to try out, something I haven't seen in a theme yet. And I believe I can adjust it for Pogoplank at the least..I have to make the flower a little smaller, but it should work.