[WIP] iPod touch 1G & Jailbreak - 2 years and my experiences with it.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iAsian, Aug 5, 2009.

1. iAsian

iAsian New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Introduction:

Hello community, it seems I don't post here much anymore, so many of you users probably don't know who I am...well I'm iAsian and I've been in this community for 2 years and I've had my iPod touch 1G since it was a couple of months old. Some of the older members here remember my theming mostly other than that, I do what many of you do...I express my thoughts...enough of myself, lets get to the main point of what this thread is about. I would also like to add, I was motivated to make this thread because I recently bought a 32GB 2nd Gen iPod...yes, I know that the 3rd Gen comes out next month, but hey...I don't want to wait for the jailbreak.

Prologue:

I bought my iPod 1G on November 2007, so I'm quite the veteran. I got into the jailbreaking scene actually from YouTube, then I got linked over here in Jan. 2008 while I was on vacation. Back then, jailbreaking was as easy as going to Safari and going to "jailbreakme.com". That was firmware 1.1.1! Now we are at 3.0, on the verge of going to 3.1 (AKA 3rd Gen iPod touch...ALREADY!) I already feel ancient for having a 1G.

Blast from the past:

1.1.1 - Ah, so long ago when I had that firmware. Jailbreaking was unbelievably easy, just going to a website, clicking a link...bam, you were jailbroken. Thats when we all were using Installer and we had to get links for repositories for apps. My best memory of the 1.1.1 was the father of all iPod gaming...Tap Tap Revolution (back when it was maintained by Nate True). It's been so long ago since I've had it, I have forgotten what it was like to have it. We also used Summerboard and Customize by spicychicken to theme our iPod/iPhones. So ancient thinking about it now. We didn't even have the Weather, Mail, Stocks, and Maps apps yet!

1.1.2 - Well jailbreaking this wasn't as quick as 1.1.1 jailbreak, but it was still incredibly easy by today's jailbreaking standards. We used oktoprep to basically prepare the iPod for 1.1.2 jailbreak. Not much differences compared to the 1.1.1 except that some of the bugs were fixed. I remember when you were cool if you had an iPod touch or iPhone because not many people had one compared to today, ever freakin' kid has one. I can't even feel special anymore

Please Register or Log in to view images

--Part II later
  2. FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What's the point of this?

I don't get it.
  3. iAsian

iAsian New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    To give an insight of my experiences with it. Perhaps show you how primitive those jailbreaking ways back then was compared to today's. In summary, a history lesson from my perspective. Also, maybe to connect with those who've had iPod touches as long as I have, get them to remember the good ol' days. You can't obviously have those since you've just joined this community.