Preview [WIP]Get'cha ass in the shower!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by twitchy204, Mar 25, 2009.

1. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    MODERATORS: if the name is against any rules(i looked through the rules and didn't see anything), just send me a pm and i'll give you a different thread title.

Now, i'd like to present to you my first theme.

Please Register or Log in to view images

and don't worry, the title is only temporary. it will NOT be the name of this theme by the time my release comes around. i went for a pretty original idea here and i think i carried it out pretty well. i'm really really hoping that you can tell that the smaller icon is actually above the bigger icon below it. i tried to make the shadows pretty distinct but if you have troubles seeing the whole deal, let me know and i'll try to adjust some things. anyways, i realize the glyph layer style is pretty boring, but i don't feel like i'm ready to make the step up to "real" icons. anyways, all suggestions/critiques are welcome, so start bashing my ideas now!

don't worry, these two glyphs were completely made by me. the wallpaper i got in a big pack of wallpapers and apparently the guy who released the wallpapers doesn't know who originally made it, but here's the thread i found it on. :http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16793700

Music player/SBSettings:

Attached Files:

2. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  4. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No problem. Really like this. I would love to see more.

5. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks.

any suggestions about the glyphs? i'm constantly tweaking and can never find something that i think looks right. is it the idea of glyphs kinda "engraved" into the base that you don't like, or the way i carried out the actual "engraving"?

edit: will have a link to a set of icons up within the next day or so. might have to wait until this weekend though. i'm super busy for the rest of the week, i think.
  6. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't mind the fact that they are engraved, but if you decide to keep them engraved I would say do more to the glyphs. The glyphs can stay the way they are, it doesn't bother me, they look good to me. Try some different layer style and post it. Then we could see which one is better. I still love the idea though.
  7. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    okay, i'll work on them. is the whole smaller icon above the bigger icon deal noticeable? like would you have been able to tell that it was one being held above the other if i didn't make a statement about it in the OP?
  8. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I get what you mean. Yeah it is noticeable. It is like the silver parts are holding the glyph layer up. I like it. It is a new style.
  9. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    alright, good. i'm going to bed. tomorrow i gotta work on making my red and blue icons look better. i think they look worse than the orange and green.
  10. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The red ones you really need to worry about because it looks very similar to the orange one. The rest have a nice soft feel to it.